Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: gasman on September 27, 2013, 07:51:23 PM
-
Hi Guys
My two cb750s are in classic bike mag, have not read it yet but the guys from the mag were really good. Please. the purists amongst you will pick a few holes in my gold one, [front page of mag] but bottom line - like the majority of us, I am just trying to preserve a couple of wonderfull machines of there day. Its def a love affair, if I could afford a dozen more - I would. Again, thanks to the guys who pointed me in the right direction.
regards to all==neal
-
Nice to get your bike in the mag Neal, but have you seen the price of the mags these days £4.10 friggin hell, I just browse through them in the supermarket now ;) cheers Mick
-
Yes me to mick, i must be getting tighter as i used to buy loads of them, i dont even buy the MSN any more as it seems to be aimed at the type of people who buy new bikes from the showroom each year
pete
-
Stopped buying MCN years ago modern bikes seem to bore me stupid
It seems you have to have the wright gear for the wright bike or your a nobody.My bike can go 200miles per hour blablabla. Journeys take me forever on my 750 everyone wants to talk to me.You really do meet the nicest people on a Honda
-
;) same here I don't buy mags anymore :o I think I've read everything I need to ever know about CB750s but nice to see them get recognised at long last, its all journo
crap anyway " gis a ride on your bike mate and ill give a good review " yes gasman you are living the dream enjoy em don't worry what they say in mags its only people who ride em can enjoy em I bought 1960 BSA gold flash few weeks ago , only cos it was cheap,don't get me wrong its nicer than a Harley to ride but I've had a spanner in my hand ever since, and that's what Honda did they brought bikes out of the middle ages , BSA was then like Honda is now the biggest motorcycle company in the world
-
hi Neal,
I am lucky,my wife bought me the mag, ;D
both bikes look good,and he write up is good as well,
interesting about the Sankei pipes,
wonder if they do CB500/4 pipes ??
its great to see the bikes in such good nick
John
-
John you've got me interested in buying the mag now this post was turning in to a load of old farts moaning about a couple of squid. :D I've just read what I posted and I sound like my Dad. :o These old Honda's are turning me old before my time.I find myself lusting after a Velocette 350 Mac Why would I be interested in that it's 30 years older than I am.
But I do like to see cb750's on the front cover it winds up Kwaka fans ;D
I won't pick holes Neil non standard bikes show they are used and have history
-
The only mag I buy on occasion is Practical Sport Bikes, glad I did because I saw the add for the show at Haynes motor museum, it was a real eye opener and a trip down memory lane must have seen a dozen or more bikes I have owned in the past. But not one example of my current bike, Kawasaki Zephyr ZR1100. Anyone one else go? Iain
-
Hi Guys
Thanks for the comments, my bikes are part of me, don't expect them tp be perfect, the old originals just have something about them. Not entertained by the thought that this was the bike that killed of the brits, nothing good about that, truth being-- they just worked and worked well.
regards neal
-
Hi Neil,
I bought the magazine last week and really enjoyed it, anything with a CB750 (K0-K6) gets my attention.
Alan
-
Sounds great Neal, I'll have a read soon! :D My CB77 is on the road now by the way, so we'll have to catch up for a cup of tea soon..
Iain, I was at the Haynes museum show too with my CB550F2 - I may have spoken to you, I remember someone mentioning a Kawasaki Zephyr... It was a great show, definitely on the list for next year if they hold it again.
Steph.
-
I normally buy Classic Motorcycle Mechanics but this time bought Classic Bike on the strength of the feature on CB750s and despite James May's gurning fizzog on the cover. Neal, your bike is just the thing I am aiming for with my K3: Beautiful to look at but not mirror-like polish going on and it looks like a bike anyone would be proud to ride as opposed to be scared to ride for fear of getting it wet or dirty. A useable classic.
The paint job is stellar. We have Dream Machine paint here in Nottingham and I was considering getting a quote from them but the Ace of Sprays workmanship looks excellent. Could I ask what they charge for that sort of work? If you'd rather not say, that's fine. I don't want to cause offence.
Nerdos.