Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: billy192 on October 28, 2013, 08:05:14 AM
-
Ok I have made my engine rig, I just need to wire the starter and coils.
am I correct in thinking i need the following wires (I don't want the whole loom)
a switched Live to the Black/white on the coils as my ignition switch ( the coils wired to the points as normal)
a switched earth to the solenoid red / yellow
will this give the minimum to start and run the engine?
Billy
-
Yes if the other small solenoid wire is switched live
-
Thanks BryanJ
so on the solenoid, earth one wire and switch the other to live?
Thanks
Billy
-
Yup, on the solenoid there are two small wires, one has to go to negative and one to positive with a switch in one of them or the starter will be engaged all the time
-
Thanks Bryan
-
on the solenoid does it matter which is live and which is earth?
-
Not if you have two small wires coming out, try 12v across those and see if the solenoid "clicks"
On some car solenoids the main power wire is connected to one side of the energising coil internaly so the lead needs to be earthed and on others thes coil is connected internaly to the casing so the lead need to be powered but in both those cases there is only one small lead/connection on the outside
-
new points and condenser
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_1171_zpsafa744ac.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_1171_zpsafa744ac.jpg.html)
so I wired up a ignition switch
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_1167_zpsf55e6094.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_1167_zpsf55e6094.jpg.html)
and a starter button
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_1169_zps57baffbc.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_1169_zps57baffbc.jpg.html)
and booom works a treat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA83zsiosKA&list=HL1385320654&feature=mh_lolz