Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: paul G on October 28, 2013, 07:29:57 PM

Title: Carbs and jetting
Post by: paul G on October 28, 2013, 07:29:57 PM
Hi all,
          Bit of info if possible, I am now going to be running a F2 engine in my K3.
I have a set of what looks like PD46B carbs with 90 main jets and as far as I can see 42 slow jets.
When I started the bike with the original engine it looked to be running weak.
Can anyone tell me if this set up will be ok, going to look at the float height is it 14.5mm for these carbs.

Regards,,
Title: Re: Carbs and jetting
Post by: Bryanj on October 29, 2013, 10:15:28 AM
Engine size would help
Title: Re: Carbs and jetting
Post by: paul G on October 29, 2013, 01:05:14 PM
Brian,

Sorry 550.
Title: Re: Carbs and jetting
Post by: peterengland on November 16, 2013, 07:12:08 PM
it seems you have the same set up as me, K3 frame with an F2 engine. My vin is stamped 1976 but by frame number it is a 77. Also got PD46A carbs but seems to be running fine so I will not fiddle!
Title: Re: Carbs and jetting
Post by: Piki on November 16, 2013, 11:03:18 PM
I have 550K3 engine with F2 Head Engine running with PD46 Carbs, not problem with this configuration. 550 K3 running more "poor" that F models....but K3 are faster than F models!!!

Title: Re: Carbs and jetting
Post by: paul G on November 18, 2013, 12:16:28 PM
Hi,
         I have sorted the issue, it was just down to the float heights.

Regards,
Title: Re: Carbs and jetting
Post by: Bryanj on November 19, 2013, 07:47:14 AM
Sorry, missed your reply in the regulat trawling mate. If those are the K3 carbs float height and pilot jet cleanliness are most critical, at least Cirius in canada are making the push in pilots in a couple of sizes now