Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Lynx on November 14, 2013, 11:56:15 AM

Title: Odometer Renovation
Post by: Lynx on November 14, 2013, 11:56:15 AM
I stripped both my clock yesterday. Does anyone have any tips for whitening up the white reels on the mileometers? Mine are quite discoloured. They are going to look a bit strange with the rest of the clock looking like new. The white numbers on the black reels look fine.

Cheers
Steve
Title: Re: Odometer Renovation
Post by: Clem2112 on November 14, 2013, 12:44:00 PM
From memory I used meths with a cotton bud  - should not harm the plastic reels.
Title: Re: Odometer Renovation
Post by: Lobo on November 14, 2013, 01:03:00 PM
Kent400 (Peter) supplied me adhesive overlays for the white reels (CB400 speedo) - no amount of cleaning would bring them back from off-cream. Font slighty different, but well worth the trade-off. Speedo consequently looks fresh / new.

Suggest you pm him in case he's not monitoring the forum right now...

Lobo

Title: Re: Odometer Renovation
Post by: Lynx on November 14, 2013, 02:07:19 PM
Thanks Lobo. I did get clock overlays from Peter. I didn't know he did reel overlays too!
Title: Re: Odometer Renovation
Post by: Clem2112 on November 14, 2013, 05:48:38 PM
I thought I was fussy ..... i quite like some signs of age and patina ;D