Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: simongill on November 22, 2013, 10:16:48 AM

Title: front mudguard
Post by: simongill on November 22, 2013, 10:16:48 AM
Hi
I have decided to really finish off my F2 supersport and make it as close as possible to concourse, but I don't know where to get a front mudguard. I am sure I read somewhere on here in the past that someone is manufacturing new ones. Is  that right?? If any one out there has a front guard for a 78 F2 in good condition then I would be interested in buying it.
Hope you guys can help
Simon
Title: Re: front mudguard
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on November 22, 2013, 02:11:42 PM
You could try this guy http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/hondacrome  - he imports chrome parts from the USA and sells on eBay (UK).

Not selling anything at the moment but he does get quite a few mudguards for SOHCs.

PM him from eBay.
Title: Re: front mudguard
Post by: UK Pete on November 22, 2013, 04:39:06 PM
Probably the rarest of all the 750 mudguards, if you do find a source for new ones let me know, if you have your old one a rechrome might be the only way
pete
Title: Re: front mudguard
Post by: simongill on November 23, 2013, 04:42:18 PM
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the only mudguard it came with was the what I call the generic type. It works and looks okay, but its not the same as a real one. I will keep looking. :)
Title: Re: front mudguard
Post by: simongill on December 02, 2013, 07:08:17 PM
Just an update
I found one on Ebay france, a bit pricey but looks brand new.
Title: Re: front mudguard
Post by: davidcumbria on December 03, 2013, 08:03:34 PM
Sorry to highjack the thread but my newly purchased 750 k3 is near perfect original but has got a small dent in the front mudgaurd. want to keep it original rather than buy a new one. Does anyone have experience of a panel beater being able to get a good finish or is just too easy to see a blemish in the chrome ? the dent is about the size of a 1p coin and not very deep.

cheers and hello

David
Title: Re: front mudguard
Post by: Bryanj on December 04, 2013, 08:47:23 AM
Its possible to remove dents but it would probably need a rechrome afterwards