Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Sharpy on November 27, 2013, 09:59:54 AM

Title: Fuel and Overflow pipes
Post by: Sharpy on November 27, 2013, 09:59:54 AM
Hoping this is a quick question, I am wanting to replace all the fuel lines and overflow pipes on the bike as some were damaged by fire and some are just a bit tatty... what do people use?  Is it just a case of measuring the pipe diameter (internal) and getting the same or do people recommend something different... might seem like a daft question... and it probably is!  :-[

Cheers

Sharpy
Title: Re: Fuel and Overflow pipes
Post by: Dan on November 29, 2013, 03:48:00 PM
Hi,
I replaced all my fuel hoses. The only thing to make sure of, other than getting the correct size, is that the hose is suitable for petrol. You probably know this but better to be safe than sorry eh?

I used standard black hose for the petrol tank to carbs and the 2 hoses on the centre of the fuel feed line on the carbs themselves. For the overflow lines on the carb bowls I used a small bore transparent yellow hose that looks quite neat that I found in a local garden machinery supplies shop.
Title: Re: Fuel and Overflow pipes
Post by: mickwinf on November 29, 2013, 06:47:16 PM
Best to get the proper hose from D silvers as Honda use 5.5mm size which is not a common size.
Title: Re: Fuel and Overflow pipes
Post by: Sharpy on December 08, 2013, 06:06:53 PM
Okay, I will check out DSS for the pipes, cheers chaps.