Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: neat street on December 17, 2013, 06:14:31 PM

Title: help please exhaust systems
Post by: neat street on December 17, 2013, 06:14:31 PM
Hi All
I am having great difficulty getting an exhaust system for my 1976 F1, I tried Motad, but they no longer make one for this model. Anyone got any suggestions please.

many thanks

John
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: paul G on December 17, 2013, 07:51:37 PM
John,
             I have just purchased an original set for mine so have a motad system for sale if you are interested.

Regards
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: paul G on December 17, 2013, 08:01:16 PM
John,
           Sorry just noticed this is in the 750 category. I was talking about a 400 4.

Regards,
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: Trigger on December 17, 2013, 08:05:25 PM
 Don't worry, we will make it fit!
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: cb750stu on December 17, 2013, 08:33:39 PM
Hi, I've got carpys 4 into 1 nicely made I have had it ceramic coated but he now does it in stainless pretty cheap considering it didn't cost much for shipping etc it's a bit loud but I like it loud !!! Link below

www.cb750cafe.com/products-page/exhaust

There's also this place very good to deal with

http://www.cyclexchange.net/Exhaust%20System%20Page.htm
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: mick on December 17, 2013, 08:53:49 PM
Hi John, I have a decent exhaust system for sale, there are photos in the for sale section  ;), it's a very light exhaust system, no rot and looks nice fitted, has a few imperfections but not visible when fitted, I can take more photos if needed  ;) cheers Mick.

(http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/mcpuffett/001_zps33e00cd7.jpg) (http://s234.photobucket.com/user/mcpuffett/media/001_zps33e00cd7.jpg.html)
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: neat street on December 20, 2013, 08:45:27 PM
Hi all, thanks for your help, I am looking to get a new one, but thanks for the offer Mick. I am trying out the links Stu sent, thanks Stu, I will let you know how I get on as these seem like there getting harder to come by.

Many thanks again for all your help and offers.
John
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: mick on December 20, 2013, 08:58:25 PM
No worries John, I can vouch for Carpy I've had stuff off him before with no issues  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: philward on December 27, 2013, 05:18:23 PM
Hi
Don't know whether this info is of any use but just reading January 2014 Classic Motorcycle Mechanics (page 97) and there's an advert for Motad saying they are going to make batches of 4 -1 exhausts in stainless for various Jap fours based on the number of customer enquiries they get - don't know whether they've changed policy since you have been in touch? Thought it worth mentioning anyway. Motad number in advert is 01922 714700.
Phil
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: neat street on December 30, 2013, 04:42:29 PM
Thanks Phil, I have been in contact with Carpy (USA) and he does a 4 2 1 stainless, and is now making the 4 2 2, but this will be in chrome and ready soon. only issue from the states is the import duty, but he is a nice guy, and a Brit. keep you all informed as to what happens next.
Many thanks again for your help.
John
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: UK Pete on December 30, 2013, 05:16:34 PM
Hi john have you bought one yet ? and if not what sort of exhaust are you after
pete
Title: Re: help please exhaust systems
Post by: neat street on January 01, 2014, 11:52:23 AM
Hi Pete, was going to buy today from Carpy`s, (USA) a stainless steel with megaphone type silencer which is similar to the Yoshi system I believe?
John