Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Trigger on December 18, 2013, 08:13:09 PM
-
I am restoring a CB550F at the moment and can not make up my mind on to polish the hubs or have them powder coated with this so-called Super chrome powder coat. Has anyone had any parts powder coated with super chrome?. The last hubs i had polished looked naff after a couple of months due to brake dust.
-
I was going to paint my hubs but was advised not to as the spokes rub the paint off.
I don't know how true that is i suppose there is only one way to find out.
-
I had my guards done in a sort of super chrome, not sure how hard wearing its going to be but not a mirror finish
(http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/mike070868/HPIM1761.jpg) (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/mike070868/media/HPIM1761.jpg.html)
(http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/mike070868/HPIM1762.jpg) (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/mike070868/media/HPIM1762.jpg.html)
(http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/mike070868/HPIM1763.jpg) (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/mike070868/media/HPIM1763.jpg.html)
-
Mike is that powder coat? or something else? . Powder coat is very hard wearing.
-
Can you tell me where you had them done and what did they charge you?. You are only down the road from me. It may be worth me giving them a bell.
-
these were done years ago, cant even remember the name of company but it was done in Great Yarmouth of all places, they powder coated my frame and If I remember the guards are powder coated to
this was just a mate who told me about them...... frame , brake caliper, sidestand, centre stand, and rear plate holder, guards in silver
blasted and coated for around 175 but this was few years ago
I will try and find receipts, all I can recall is going into Yarmouth and it was in courtyard just before a massive humpback bridge
-
might have been a company called aerocoat, sure you would get it done more local to you now
-
All local company's around here like big jobs. I assumed you had them done around the Corby area. I am always out and about, but Great Yarmouth is only a nice visit in the summer.
-
my mate lived in Yarmouth and I had it done on a weekend visit
where ever you choose make sure you get one that lists that they do motorbikes and they use bungs and heat resistant wrap in all the places you don't want powder coat ( threads , headset etc )
I will try and look up some local places , where abouts you based again
-
Cheers mike, there's loads of powder coaters round here. Can't find one that does Super Chrome, and will it be any good on wheel hubs?.
-
I could not say, best to ask a powdercoater, quite a tough finish but have found they more chip than scratch