Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Oldiron550 on December 22, 2013, 03:02:38 PM
-
I'm new here so it's my first post and it's a question. I will also introduce myself later today, but before I plunge into the world of SOHC!
I'm thinking of adding this CB750 to my small stable.
It's a 1977 F2, not the best looking SOHC but it's worth saving from the breakers!!
Only one owner with 42000 miles on the clock, the last time it was on the roads was 1999. It's never had a V5 issued, the owner has the original green log book. The CB was bought locally new and still retains it's original Co Armagh (N Ireland) number plate.
I realise it's going to cost £££ before I can get her on the road again. Starts on a power pack and doesn't sound too bad, owner said she selects all gears ok needs a couple of disc maybe a caliper or two if I'm lucky just a rebuild kit. Front mudguard replacement, the tank, side panels and rear tail need reprinted and new badges, a closer panel for the rear seat. Engine service kit, carb rebuild kit, a battery, few new cables, a leaver the list could go on & on!!!!
I haven't made the owner an offer yet!! So judging the photos what do you think the F2 is worth and roughly how much will it cost me to get it back on the road?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
-
Here's another few photos hopefully a bit bigger.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
-
Hello and welcome
She looks nice and original I would be surprised if it needs new discs as they are stainless and last forever.As for price I would just go in low and see what happens I guess it would be worth about £1200 and you would probably have to spend that on it.
It's surprising how quickly all the little bits add up but it's always worth it.
Good luck
Mick
-
Looks fine and I bet you could make it roadworthy for a lot less than £1200. I wouldn't have thought more than 1k for it.
Then I wouldn't really know. ::)
-
I'm sure you could make it road worthy for as little as £200
Have a look on ebay you would be surprised what they sell for :o
-
The only known "bad" point on the F2 was that they wore out exhuast valve guides quickly, the replacements were supposed to be harder and last longer but I cannot verify that from first hand. At that mileage they should have already been done as originals were lucky to last till 30,000, unfortunately the only way to find out is to see how much oil the engine burns in use. If they do need doing you are looking at at leat £500 assuming you do all the diss and re assembly
-
Hi Damian, pay as little as you can for the bike as the cost of getting it right might be quite high depends on what sort of standard you want to get, if going for original then it will cost loads, if your happy with just having it as a mot able runner with non original parts then you might get away without spending to much, as brian says the exhaust valve guides can be quite expensive to have done so you want to hope they are ok, i have a few of these F2 models and they are definetely the most refined , best handling and braking of all the 750 SOHC bikes, they are slowly creeping up in value but then so are the spares to rebuild them , good thing is they are easy to work on and most of the parts are available for them , hard to get parts are original exhaust and front mudguard
pete
-
Thank for all the advice so far, I hope to take another look at the CB in a couple of days I think it's worth somewhere between £500 to £700 the more I can save the more I can spend getting it back on the road. I was really after an early 70's model when I stumbled on this F2. I know the "K " would cost me triple what I'm hoping too pay for this F2.
I will let you all know how I get on over the next few days.
Cheers.
DC
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD