Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: pablo on December 26, 2013, 05:34:26 PM
-
Thinking of looking at this cb750k1
Any idea of value and is it correct ? It's an American import.
-
Looks good to me, but need to get up close and personal with it. Depends what they are looking for it? I've bought many bike's just from photo's, sent a courier,and found it has the wrong switch gear. The thing's to look at on any old bike is that it runs sweet, all chrome is good and double check everything. Many bike's that come from the states have had the clock tampered with or replaced. So look at the bike,not the mileage.
-
About £3500. Not too bothered about absolute originality but want one that's right enough.got a 400 on the road and a 550 in bits but always wanted a 750 :)
Any big differences between a us and uk spec?
-
Nice price. Offer a little less and see how it goes. You will have to as one of the 750 boy's about us spec, i've only ever owned english one's.
-
Thanks for the replies .....getting more tempted by it! Busy searching the internet now for spec info. :)
-
One picture ain't enough mate. Is it registered, if not are the import docs with it as if not it will cost a lot to register
-
Pretty sure that's a k2 as it doesn't have the k1's body coloured headlight ears and bucket. Other than that looks fairly stock. Assuming it runs well, the hm341 pipes are in good shape, and it comes with the correct import doc (c&e 386 or nova certificate) and a stamped us title, uk registration is a simple process. I'd say £3500 is a very good price if it checks out.
-
Yeah import papers there.its from someone local so I can go for a look ....been trying to stay away from it to be honest...as I know when I have a look I'll want it!
-
Pretty sure that's a k2 as it doesn't have the k1's body coloured headlight ears and bucket. Other than that looks fairly stock. Assuming it runs well, the hm341 pipes are in good shape, and it comes with the correct import doc (c&e 386 or nova certificate) and a stamped us title, uk registration is a simple process. I'd say £3500 is a very good price if it checks out.
Great thanks for the info.
-
Are hm341 pipes standard and hm 300 genuine replacements? Sorry for the basic questions buts it's the 400s I'm used to.
-
No sorry for the confusion. Hm300's were the standard oem Honda fitment for k0-k1, hm341's introduced from k2 onwards (all the way up to
K6). I'm assuming it's a k2, but without more pics difficult to tell. Is it up in Scotland near you or are you in the states?
-
Just read your reply above...go see it and get some pics...
-
I think the price is about right for a K1 or K2, but as other posts I would go and have a look and confirm the engine/frame no./documents are OK
From a glance the seat is a K1
Side panel K3
Rear light cluster K2
Front forks top section in chrome K2
-
;) im going with what we got (only the one pic) and I will agree with the other guys 100% its a k2 (its the right colour ) and not a k1 nice find all the same :)
-
I would say it's an early k2 from the pic because it appears to have k1 fork lowers well worth it non the less.
Only frame numbers can tell
Mick