Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: mickharrow on December 26, 2013, 07:51:50 PM

Title: Carb springs
Post by: mickharrow on December 26, 2013, 07:51:50 PM
I am looking for a set of 4 springs for a set of carbs for my early 750
The carbs are the type that connect to a rod the runs the whole length of the Carbs and a single cable pulls all four carbs open together
Can anyone advise where I can purchase or if anyone has a set to sell the I will gladly purchase
Have tried David silver and a couple of keihin  suppliers with no luck
Title: Re: Carb springs
Post by: Bryanj on December 26, 2013, 10:55:06 PM
What springs are you asking for?
Title: Re: Carb springs
Post by: Lobo on December 27, 2013, 08:17:30 AM
Mick, assume your '750 is earlier than the K1 / K2 as these bikes did not have individual springs within each carb...according to the parts diagram. (Parts 8 & 12 first two diagrams)

The job of closing the carb sliders is done by only one biggish central spring. (#14, third  & last diagrams)

The K1 / K2 carb set-ups are shown in the last diagram.

Apologies if you know all this... but it may help others with what you're specifically after.

Simon
Title: Re: Carb springs
Post by: mickharrow on December 27, 2013, 10:04:03 AM
Then that would make sense as I am building t he carbs from a box of bits and just assumed each carb would have its own spring

Thanks for the help