Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Lobo on January 02, 2014, 08:19:56 AM
-
Morn all,
One of the steering limit lugs is slightly bent - in a past life the bike (750K2) must have had a fall. Problem is, the yolk just touches the tank at left lock. Until now I've bodged it with a slip-on heater hose 'washer' (which slips over the lug) - but time now to fix ... assuming relatively easy. Hmm...
Suggestions please?
-
yes I have had the same problem .I built mine up with a bit of weld and that's probably the limit of my welding skills as I tend to blow holes in most stuff 8)
-
How about drilling and tapping and putting a mushroom head screw in,shouldn't show too much.
:D. You could increase with washers under in needed.
-
An idea worth considering RGP.... not much material to drill into given a 'stout' mushroom would be needed, but will have an investigative look...
Aye Steff, your welding sounds like my painting, can never see why I shouldn't put 5 coats on at once and save time. Missus goes mad, everything (inc adjacent walls, carpets, curtains etc) about the house used to be a stipple finish - but hey, big result, she does the decorating now. Yahoo!
-
Looks like a quick weld would be the best solution, Arc or mig to build up quickly and grind down to the correct thickness. As you say, not much to tap into.
-
maybe drill and tap a small hole and put a screw in, you can maybe then adjust the screw to the distance out you need??
regards
John
-
Thanks guys,
Thinking I'll go along with Steff / Seamus small weld plan: quite a bit of force at this point (potentially) and doubt a screw strong enough / don't want to weaken the lug further with holes.
Cheers for the various inputs,
Simon.