Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: leonardo269 on July 07, 2006, 11:12:10 AM

Title: dual disk setup
Post by: leonardo269 on July 07, 2006, 11:12:10 AM
Hi,
    I am fitting an extra disk & caliper to the front brake of my CB750k7.

Will the existing master cylinder suffice or do I need one from a dual disk bike, like the GL1000?

Cheers

Ray
Title: Re:dual disk setup
Post by: jimshea on July 07, 2006, 11:31:26 AM
Ray,
I have seen conversions and they nhave always been from an F2 which had twin disks originally. This might be the easiest way to achieve this??
Also, if you are from the UK??
I have compiled a list of UK riders for ride out info etc, etc. If you would like to be added please email me with the area you are from and an email address and I will add you. This is not a junk email list and is only for us keen 'older bike' riders.
Cheers,
Jim
europeanmotorsport@hotmail.com
1976 CB750 F1
Title: Re:dual disk setup
Post by: leonardo269 on July 08, 2006, 09:38:08 AM
Hi Jim,
         Thanks, I will bear that in mind.
I live in Wolverhampton (well someone has to).

Please add me to your list.
It may be a while yet before the Honda is back on the road though.

my e-mail is rmdl17239@blueyonder.co.uk

Cheers,

Ray
Title: Re:dual disk setup
Post by: JonnyB on July 09, 2006, 09:16:48 AM
Hi Ray,
Oth problems pop their heads up, like the union joint to split the pipes left and right, the fornt brake switch.

The front end from the F2 bolts straight on, and you have everything then,

I'm converting my F1 at the moment, the only thing is I now have a comstar mag in the frons and spoke at the rear.

Aso the GL1000 discs don't fit ther are too deep.

Nice to have you aboard though.
Title: Re:dual disk setup
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 11, 2006, 09:18:50 AM
There's a FAQ here:

http://www.sohc4.us/forums/index.php?topic=259.0

...which includes photos.

Post edited by: SteveD CB500F, at: 2006/07/11 09:22