Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: MIKE550/4 on January 03, 2014, 12:56:34 PM
-
have i missed something here
top yolk bolt nut
( just a nut )
90355-369-000 5.40 ?
-
I know how you feel Mike :'(, I want 2 bolts and a little rubber part for my 750 and if I buy them off Silvers or CMSNL its going to cost me nearly £40 with postage & vat :o
-
prices are getting mad ..... such an odd size as well...
oddjob has some bits for me hopefully but other parts are getting really expensive and when it turns up it seems like your getting nothing for your hard earned
-
Mick
What bits are you after and be precise ie bottom yoke bolts etc
Cheers
Bitsa
-
I think nuts bolts and washers that have honda part numbers are the biggest con of them all, if you go on ebay you can buy 100's for less than some individual honda pieces, however they have you by the boll--ks when they are unusuall sizes
pete
-
Oddjob if you have a pair of handlebar switches for a uk 500/4 I would be interested, the left should have a horn/flasher (PA) button and the right one PLH switch for the lights. Also need a speedo if you come across one.
-
some sort after parts in there I have sent you a pm with what I am after
mainly small parts if you can help
cheers
this is last air filter part I need ( long shot on this one may have to order from usa )
(http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/mike070868/Elementsealbottom_zpsf0d49077.jpg) (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/mike070868/media/Elementsealbottom_zpsf0d49077.jpg.html)
-
Oddjob, are you selling the CB550F kick start? Mine was lost in the post by the royal mail. The micro meter says its 16.37 in diameter. Cheers
-
The outer spline Oddjob. The problem with this bike is the engine number 2101715... matches that of a CB550 1978 K4, by the Net forum infomation. I'm rebuilding the engine at the moment and having a pig of a time matching shells.
-
I think my bike has just standard m8 bolts in the yokes - something I should check I wonder? there are i think special washers that have a slight flat on one edge.
-
Never worked out why Honda changed the top yoke bolts from 8 down to 7mm, 750F1's had 7mm top yoke bolts, and I lost one doing a rebuild back in the late 80's, the price for one then was absurd, so I ran an 8mm drill through it and used an 8mm nut and bolt, problem solved, no problems caused, and it would take a real anorak to spot it! :-X
-
Oops, forgot to mention, I used allen head bolts. :o
-
Its a good idea to keep everything you remove from bikes just in case you need them at a later date. Oddjob let me know price on switch for rh side, my starter button is us
-
that will do me oddjob, PM me details can paypal or bank transfer