Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Mr.P on January 05, 2014, 05:44:29 PM

Title: Frame Powder Coating Question
Post by: Mr.P on January 05, 2014, 05:44:29 PM
Hello I have just bought a 400 four on a R plate am going for a complete restoration question is does the frame and all the parts go gloss black and the top and bottom triples go satin black ?.

Title: Re: Frame Powder Coating Question
Post by: Mr.P on January 08, 2014, 04:04:28 PM
45 views and no one can give a answer on a simple question about the frame colour !!!!
Title: Re: Frame Powder Coating Question
Post by: LesterPiglet on January 08, 2014, 04:54:00 PM
I can only answer re my 550. I believe only the top yoke is satin, prolly because it's alloy.
Title: Re: Frame Powder Coating Question
Post by: paul G on January 08, 2014, 04:55:20 PM
Hi,

ll the ones I have seen have been gloss black, I have just had mine done and that is the was I went all gloss black.
If you are doing the speedo and rev counter cowls these are satin black.

Regards,
Title: Re: Frame Powder Coating Question
Post by: Clem2112 on January 08, 2014, 08:09:54 PM
Think the yokes were less shiny than the frame when new - top one anyway. Got mine powder coated in satin and it looks ok.
 Stove enamel gloss on the frame will give a nice original look but powder is cheaper and lasts well.
Frame prep is important of course as deep pitting etc will show through.
Title: Re: Frame Powder Coating Question
Post by: Mr.P on January 08, 2014, 08:21:38 PM
Thanks for the posts chaps I have emailed David Silver and had a reply the bottom yokes Gloss black, top yoke Satin/Matt Black I can now drop all the bits off at Triple S tomorrow.
Title: Re: Frame Powder Coating Question
Post by: ka-ja on January 08, 2014, 08:23:17 PM
Hi,
     Satin black powder coaton the usual "black" parts seems to look pretty good, though maybe not 100% original, but I have removed the bar clamps and polished the top yoke, definately not original---Ken
Title: Re: Frame Powder Coating Question
Post by: Mr.P on January 08, 2014, 09:12:46 PM
Thanks oddjob Triple S did my Suzuki GT750 frame 2 years ago fantastic job.

See that you are in Stockport I live up the road in Bramhall.
Title: Re: Frame Powder Coating Question
Post by: Mr.P on January 08, 2014, 09:33:44 PM
No it's not Phil BUT I do have a workshop around the corner from Stockport Bus Station.