Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: MIKE550/4 on January 06, 2014, 03:16:48 PM

Title: airbox assembly k3
Post by: MIKE550/4 on January 06, 2014, 03:16:48 PM
I have all the original parts but assembly is not happening for me

pics tonight once I have tried a few more times

anyone got a pic of their top of airbox for k3 by any chance
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: MIKE550/4 on January 06, 2014, 06:30:28 PM
Firstly I have read the manuals and I cant find nothing about these mounting plates

I have gone by the csmnl diagram but not convinced its right or maybe I have read it wrong

the left has a big spacer the right has a thinner one which goes through the air filter box

so guys enlighten me , the left even though tight still rattle about..... I have obviously got this wrong

(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/AIRFILTERBOX_zps152d232c.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/AIRFILTERBOX_zps152d232c.jpg.html)
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: Johnwebley on January 06, 2014, 07:10:25 PM
thinks the short bracket is for carb side,longer bracket is rear wheel  side !!!

how does the lower assembly fit ??
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: Ewan 500 K1 on January 06, 2014, 07:57:58 PM
comparing the parts diagram with the photo it looks lilke you have number 14 on wrong Mike . Bolt should go through the hole at the foot of the longer side ... not the hole in the shorter side like you have it ?
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: Piki on January 06, 2014, 08:35:16 PM
Hey,tomorrow I Will go to mi Garage and I take pics from my 550 k3 for you.
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: MIKE550/4 on January 06, 2014, 08:47:39 PM
thanks piki appreciate that

just the top part of airbox and side shot should do

the manual photos not that clear on this section
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: Piki on January 06, 2014, 10:48:20 PM
Look the number 15, his position is wrong, his position is on the bottom of the air filter box(look the diagram, there is a little hole) That piece is for fit the air box with the number 12.
Tomorrow more!!!
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: MIKE550/4 on January 06, 2014, 11:02:56 PM
i think I get it now

no 15 goes on inside of airbox

no 29 goes through plenum chamber , through the airbox and into no 15

would still like to see the pictures Piki to clarify   8)
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: LesterPiglet on January 07, 2014, 02:44:07 AM
^^ That is correct.
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: Piki on January 08, 2014, 08:52:38 AM
Hello Mike, look:

(http://www.subeimagenes.com/thumb/la-foto-1-813465.JPG) (http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/la-foto-1-813465.html) Subido en subir imagenes (http://www.subeimagenes.com)

(http://www.subeimagenes.com/thumb/la-foto-2-813469.JPG) (http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/la-foto-2-813469.html) Subido en subir imagenes (http://www.subeimagenes.com)

(http://www.subeimagenes.com/thumb/la-foto-3-813470.JPG) (http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/la-foto-3-813470.html) Subido en subir imagenes (http://www.subeimagenes.com)

(http://www.subeimagenes.com/thumb/la-foto-4-813471.JPG) (http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/la-foto-4-813471.html) Subido en subir imagenes (http://www.subeimagenes.com)

(http://www.subeimagenes.com/thumb/la-foto-5-813472.JPG) (http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/la-foto-5-813472.html) Subido en subir imagenes (http://www.subeimagenes.com)

Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: Trigger on January 08, 2014, 09:06:31 AM
Piki, in the last picture. Your breather element/condensation trap or what ever other people call it,  isn't it up side down?. Nice clean bike.
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: Piki on January 08, 2014, 11:32:59 AM
Hi trigger,  it is in the correct position!!!

(http://www.subeimagenes.com/thumb/image-813490.jpg) (http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/image-813490.html) Subido en subir imagenes (http://www.subeimagenes.com)
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: MIKE550/4 on January 08, 2014, 12:14:32 PM
Yeah that looks right, next part goes in upside down with spout pointing up

thanks for the photos
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: MIKE550/4 on January 08, 2014, 07:17:04 PM
So after lots of input think I am there just need correct 18mm washer ;D

if this is wrong I am fitting pods  ;D

(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/PICT0080_zps5f9864cf.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/PICT0080_zps5f9864cf.jpg.html)
(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/PICT0077_zpse444e586.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/PICT0077_zpse444e586.jpg.html)
(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/PICT0075_zpsd8b37c51.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/PICT0075_zpsd8b37c51.jpg.html)
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: MIKE550/4 on January 08, 2014, 08:01:20 PM
its where the washer is now just wrong size fitted

18mm needed ;)
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: Piki on January 08, 2014, 08:34:37 PM
Thank you Oddjob I think that you are fine and I  will replace it the weekend. Very good job Mike!!!
Thank you and sorry for my English.
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: MIKE550/4 on January 08, 2014, 09:12:47 PM
thanks piki.... long way to go and as you see a novice..... but I am learning
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: MikeM on February 23, 2014, 07:16:21 PM
well I gave fitting the carbs a go, chamber and air filter box..... do hope this is right as I don't fancy doing it again... was not easy


(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/PICT0196_zpsc4c70082.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/PICT0196_zpsc4c70082.jpg.html)

(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/PICT0195_zps32d01dee.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/PICT0195_zps32d01dee.jpg.html)


before pic

(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/Picture050_zps1332f3a6.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/Picture050_zps1332f3a6.jpg.html)
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: Trigger on February 23, 2014, 07:23:20 PM
Looking good Mike.
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: mickwinf on February 23, 2014, 09:01:58 PM
yes nice job!
Title: Re: airbox assembly k3
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on February 23, 2014, 09:03:47 PM
Agreed carbs look great
Cheers
Bitsa