Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Dundrod on January 18, 2014, 08:21:23 PM

Title: 400/4 Fork Seals
Post by: Dundrod on January 18, 2014, 08:21:23 PM
Just got a newish yokes and forks off ebay and had a hell of a job getting the seals off my original set had a look at the new ones and they don't appear too bad but any hints or tips before I start into them would be helpful thanks
Title: Re: 400/4 Fork Seals
Post by: Norniron on January 18, 2014, 08:32:46 PM
Are the fork seals ok on your new set?
Title: Re: 400/4 Fork Seals
Post by: Dundrod on January 18, 2014, 09:33:07 PM
They will need changing as its going to be a mix and match job my old tubes with the new fork legs and see which dampers and springs look good.On the old fork legs the retaining clips were rusty and the seals themselves were totally seized on the new fork legs I have nice bright clips and clean seals so I am hoping they will come out a bit easier really just wanting to know if anyone has any good tips before I start thanks.
Title: Re: 400/4 Fork Seals
Post by: Bryanj on January 18, 2014, 10:56:01 PM
Undo the allen screw at the bottom BEFORE undoing anything else, if possible with a 1/2 drive key and air gun.
After that lots of cleanup and be VERY careful prizing out the ould seals to make sure you dont put a score up the inside of the sliders