Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Johnwebley on January 21, 2014, 10:22:05 PM

Title: standard Exhausts.
Post by: Johnwebley on January 21, 2014, 10:22:05 PM
I have the 4 by 4 exhausts,

 regular riding keeps the inside dry and clear,

but the chrome is going,

I usually remove them annually,clean and polish all over with Autosol,using a nylon toothbrush to clean/polish the nooks and crannies,

but in both inner pipes I am getting rust near the mounting brackets,

so,I need advice how to stop it going further,
and maybe preventing completely !!


 your help is needed !!

 John
Title: Re: standard Exhausts.
Post by: Lobo on January 22, 2014, 12:38:19 AM
Hi John,

I am told by my knowledgeable neighbour (automotive engineer / old Brit bike nut) that Autosol is rather 'abrasive' - which is why it (initially) gets such good results. You are likely slowly, but surely, stripping the chrome - rather than simply cleaning it.

Off the top of my head I can't remember a good alternative.... if no further inputs to the thread I'll email Roy & get back to you. (abroad as I write)

Simon