Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: 59viperman on January 25, 2014, 08:22:16 PM

Title: david silver chainguard
Post by: 59viperman on January 25, 2014, 08:22:16 PM
 ;) does anyone know if the David silver chrome chain guard is any good ? mine is pitted and I reckon it would cost more to re-chrome.
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: steven400/4 on January 25, 2014, 08:52:32 PM
my mate had a few weeks ago and it looks as good as my genuine nos  one could,nt say how long the chrome will last tho
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: LesterPiglet on January 25, 2014, 09:00:07 PM
I got one for my 550 10+ years ago and it's still like new. I don't know if the present one will have been manufactured by the same company though.
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: 59viperman on January 25, 2014, 11:55:12 PM
 :) cheers boys, on those results its got to be worth a punt as opposed to re-chrome.
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: Trigger on January 26, 2014, 12:08:07 AM
Send me your old chain guard and i will put it to good use. Original is original, it's worth the re-chrome. 
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: 59viperman on January 26, 2014, 04:47:05 PM
 ;) you may be right trigger, out of interest I started the order process with ds. when it came to postage the price doubled as soon as I put in n/Ireland. I only recently sold the village post office and grocers so I am up to speed on rates. and doubling it is bollox. so re-chrome it is. and in future it is secondhand or nos ebay stuff for me,
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: LesterPiglet on January 26, 2014, 05:31:44 PM
That is also my gripe with Silvers..postage. Anything over £20 or something gets a big hike in postage. When I wanted a new set of indicators(4) plus stems I ordered in seperate batches to save a bit.
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on January 26, 2014, 07:22:03 PM
Plus 1 with lester sometimes the postage is more than the frackin bit
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on January 26, 2014, 07:44:02 PM
Oddjob.
Dont know what it is but I have sold more stuff on ebay than on here.Do members not trust or believe us?
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: 59viperman on January 26, 2014, 08:03:56 PM
 :( oddjob, not been on for a while .spent most of December in hospital after major surgery :'( just my luck what I want comes up. this normally would be the first stop for me, I would trust anyone on here before eBay mate. gutted
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: LesterPiglet on January 27, 2014, 01:19:04 PM
Britain is in a recession oddjob.   :-[
I can't afford anything now compared to a year or two ago.
Title: Re: david silver chainguard
Post by: 59viperman on January 27, 2014, 03:17:02 PM
 ;) well oddjob I might get a resto job later in the year and you will be my first call, that is if eBay hasn't had it.