Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: peterengland on February 03, 2014, 06:18:24 PM
-
I have noticed a slight 'slop' noise that sounds like chain when on light throttle (eg: roundabout in 3rd) it seems to be in unison with the rotation of the drive chain but disappears under more load but when I check the chain and move it up and down as far as it will go it touches nothing.
Any ideas?
-
Get the rear wheel off the ground, rotate it and check the chain for tight spots.
-
I did that the other day and lubed the chain at the same time but didn't notice any but will have a more detailed look.
-
Sorted! it was just simple adjustment, there was more play in the chain than I thought but I still can't understand why it touched nothing when I moved it up and down as far as it would go.
-
I have been playing with a weird chain on a 1985 Suzuki GSX-R. The chain kept going tight and getting noisy. Even after a new chain & sprocket kit fitted,and adjusted.It sill went tight. It turned out to be a lot of access play in the swing arm.