Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: billy192 on February 09, 2014, 01:00:39 PM
-
Does anyone know the size of these bolts please?
i am putting the original 4 into 4 exhaust back on and DS are out of stock thank god at £35 with P&P for the pair.
also on the cmsnl site there is a part I have not got. its called a Guide,breather part no 55109341900
Also can anyone tell me a if i need it and B what it is?
Thanks
Billy
-
Billy,
The breather guide is no longer available so no pics available.Do you know which breather is it oil tank,battery or the pipe off the top of the engine?I can only think its the battery one and that goes on the main stand bolts.
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Hi Billy I'm looking for 2 of these bolts, even the pattern bolts are £9 each I'm just using a couple of bolts I got from B+Q at the moment.
I found some a little bit cheaper on ebay Germany, but I'm still looking on ebay for a pair of used ones, as for the breather were is it supposed to go?
cheers ;) Mick.
-
Hi Billy
I had the same problem and used some 10mm bolts, but as mine is a 4 2 1 exhaust, I cant tell you the length, as yours would be longer. You could buy some pattern bolts, or standard 10mm, put them in and cut down to size after you know the length. Sorry I cant be of further help.
-
Hi Billy did you find any bolts similar? cheers Mick.
-
I have the correct measurements just need to look around. 17mm AF head x 7mm deep,14mm dia shaft with step down to a m12 thread 14mm long total length 149mm.
Billy
-
was given this by a message from a guy on this forum. :-\
the exhausts have a pipe like bracket on each pipe that is about 20=25 mm long then through the footrest bracket which is about 40-60 mm + nut washer and footrest bracket. 149 seems long but it has to go through a fair bit of steel work.
next week (as i work away all week) i will mock up the exhausts and see what I actually make the min length to be. ;D
Billy
have a look at these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NOS-CB750-Exhaust-Foot-Peg-Bolts-CB-750-CB750K-90146-300-020-/331119099840?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.RVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20494%26meid%3D4881349892287807419%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D9150%26rk%3D0%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D231049657526&nma=true&si=HTOhm27F03bfunQKckP%252BZisrXUI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
-
Billy
As its still pissing down I will undo 1 of mine and post the measurements.I know they are not cheap but as I always say buy honda, fitting no PROBLEM
Cheers
Bitsa
-
bitsa your soooo good
-
Billy,
Is this of help to you?
146mm long
12mm across
and as I have no calipers I ran a piece of wire around it and the circumference is 52mm round
Bolt head 17mm
Nut 19mm spanner size
Cheers
Bitsa
-
What I forgot to mention only the threaded part goes through the frame hanger.So If you are trying to make one you will have to get the thread part down to 10mm.
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Bitsa,
wonce again to the rescue. thanks for the effort mate.
its exaactly what i need. 8)
and yes i will post som pics of the bolts in action
Thanks
Billy
-
Oddjob,
My so called state of the art camera is crap so excuse the quality but its true.You can see how they fit at least.I was the opposite to you could not stand the 500s but do agree with the dry sump bit 9 out of 10 clonk first gear.Hey thats what makes us all different.My workshop forman was the same tryed for months to get me to buy a 500/4 without sucesss.
Cheers
Bitsa
-
As always
Your welcome
Cheers
Bitsa
-
bitsa u da man ;D ;D
-
For Niel,
Picture of Stainless bolts, nuts are 17mm AF but if you would like them in 19mm AF let me know
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijw68m6bxuw80zg/2014-04-16%2020.49.50.jpg