Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: MikeM on February 09, 2014, 07:15:16 PM
-
wiring is going to be a nightmare
so trying to fix this tab today and got my dremel out.
frame is powdercoated, how many earth points are on the bike?
on the tab kickstarter side is it just the tab that has to bare metal or where that tab attaches as well
also what other points on the bike have to be bare metal for earthing, dremel seems to do a nice clean job
(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/PICT0149_zpse53cac37.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/PICT0149_zpse53cac37.jpg.html)
(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/PICT0147_zpsa4e479ed.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/PICT0147_zpsa4e479ed.jpg.html)
-
guessing the coil mountings
rear mudguard mounting?
engine bolts ?
-
The earth is on the battery holder, the bolt above and left of where its at now. Put the strap on the inside not outside like your picture. The coils as stated above.
-
And make sure it is to bare metal, so scrap more powder coating from the frame.
-
Will start tomorrow..... just check battery lead is on wrong bolt ?
goes where arrow is pointing
(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/PICT0148A_zps8694860c.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/PICT0148A_zps8694860c.jpg.html)
-
It doesn't really matter as long as it's bare metal. And run it to the inside so it looks neater.
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/LesterPiglet/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/IMG_0561_zps27e69b5d.jpg) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/LesterPiglet/media/Betty%20Bloos%20Mum/IMG_0561_zps27e69b5d.jpg.html)
-
Originaly it does go to the engine mounting bolt on the outside as you have it BUT you need to remove pwder coat from both sides I.I where it touches the engine case and where the earth lead connects. Somewhere I have a NOS mounting plate if i can find it i will post pics.
Other earth is the small green wire by the coils and the bracket that that goes to needs to be bare as well
-
That's a drain screw from the carb, I'm doing some maintenance. Wrong clutch cable Ill see if I can correct that.
::)
-
I've just looked at a few manuals and the clutch cable is installed the same as mine.
-
I can see that one nut acts as the spacer to adjust the cable slack, and the other locks onto it (as a locknut)
My 500 is the same.