Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: jeff400f on February 09, 2014, 09:31:50 PM

Title: New member North East England
Post by: jeff400f on February 09, 2014, 09:31:50 PM
Hi, My name is Jeff and I have been using the forum for a while but only just got round to joining :), I am busy restoring my 1978 Cb400f2 that my late father bought when it was only 6 months old but has stood since 86 without moving a wheel. I am also re building a 1975 dt125 that I had in boxes for many years, made many mistakes with both bikes and still trying to learn from them :-\
Title: Re: New member North East England
Post by: Trigger on February 09, 2014, 10:15:40 PM
Welcome to the world of the SOHC UK . Not sure about the DT 125. Maybe you will have to ask the lads on the Z1 owners club about that one  :)
Title: Re: New member North East England
Post by: matthewmosse on February 09, 2014, 10:32:39 PM
Welcome to the forum, A dt? nice. My mate had a dt50, he desighned and fabricated from scratch a new exhaust for it from sheet metal, got 45mph out of it instead of the std 30mph moped preformance of the stock system, he even rode the thing from Newtown, mid Wales to Cambridge uni a few times, before selling it. I still have the bike I bought soon afterwards (kh125)-having been inspired to motorcycles by the mighty dt. 2 strokes are fun.
Title: Re: New member North East England
Post by: UK Pete on February 10, 2014, 06:56:23 AM
hi jeff welcome to the forum
pete
Title: Re: New member North East England
Post by: mick on February 10, 2014, 07:34:35 AM
Hello Jeff and welcome to the forum post some photos of your bikes when you get chance  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: New member North East England
Post by: mickwinf on February 10, 2014, 08:06:29 AM
Welcome Jeff and good luck with your rebuilds.
Title: Re: New member North East England
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on February 10, 2014, 08:34:42 AM
When I was 17 I REALLY wanted a DT125 as trail bikes were so cool at the time. Unfortunately they cost £300+ and all I could afford was a used CB125S...

The rest, as they say, is history.

 :)