Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: conor998 on February 12, 2014, 10:18:17 PM
-
Hi Folks,
Just want to introduce myself,
I'm From Wicklow in Ireland, I have 3x 400/4 in the shed that I'm getting back on the road for a trip to France/Spain with my two brothers in April 2015.
I had a 400 and 500 four back in the day, 20 years ago. Then about 7 years ago I went to buy a 75' 400/4 and ended up also getting two 78 models that the guy that he had in the shed. They were basically parts bikes and were non runners with lots of bits missing.
So a few weeks ago myself and my brothers had an idea to do a road trip on the bikes. I have got them all running, but only the 75' runs in anyway smoothly but not great. I will have a lot of work getting the other two to run well. I am finding the forum invaluable and can't wait to start posting the progress of the bikes. I am not restoring them, just getting them in a mechanically sound state for the trip. I have a full year to do it, which is just as well because as I will only have the funds in the summer season. To start with, I think I will rebuild all the carbs and fit with new points/condensers and caps. A friend has a ultrasonic bath that will hold maybe two carbs at a time. I will document the progress here and hopefully I can get some advice from the forum along the way.
Conor
-
Hi conor sounds like you will be busy for a while with those bikes, lookforward to hearing how you get on
pete
-
welcome to the site and sounds like a great idea
-
welcome, a brave man doing 3 bikes at once!
-
:) welcome, you are in the right place here.
-
Welcome, sounds like a great road trip in the offing!.
-
Welcome conor, I love road trips. We have quite a few members from Ireland.
-
Hello Conor and welcome to the forum ;). post some photos of your bikes and your progress :) cheers Mick.