Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: JonnyB on July 18, 2006, 06:33:43 PM

Title: Oversize rings
Post by: JonnyB on July 18, 2006, 06:33:43 PM
Ok, stupid question comming, ready?

I have to have a barrel rebored, now if I get oversized rings, do I need over sized pistons as well?
Title: Re:Oversize rings
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 20, 2006, 04:01:37 PM
Yes.

Last time I did this was on a mates G5 CB360. We didn't bother with the pistons and the rebuild lasted about 3 weeks!  And you thought you only got piston slap on a two stroke...
Title: Re:Oversize rings
Post by: JonnyB on July 21, 2006, 08:27:15 AM
Thanks Steve

Mmmmmmmmm, This barrel is suffering from a light dusting of rust, a score mark and a some usuals marks I cant explain, I thinkl I'll got for new pistons and a re-bore