Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on February 16, 2014, 01:29:40 PM

Title: CB750 K7 Pattern fork stanchions??
Post by: MarkCR750 on February 16, 2014, 01:29:40 PM
Has anyone found pattern fork stanchions for a K7 (1977)?, I can find them for the F2 etc but they are different, the centre of the groove on the K7 fork is approx 65mm from the end of the stanchion, I just took mine out to get them re-chromed but there is a slight bend in them, nothing too bad but by the time I've paid for them to be straightened and re-chromed it's probably going to cost £200 ish, if you know of a supplier please let me know, cheers Mark.
Title: Re: CB750 K7 Pattern fork stanchions??
Post by: Trigger on February 16, 2014, 06:37:58 PM
Philpot hard chroming in Luton only charge £165 with p&p both ways. If you send them with the top caps they will also do those for free. I have used them for the past 24 years and, you still have the originals.
Title: Re: CB750 K7 Pattern fork stanchions??
Post by: MarkCR750 on February 16, 2014, 07:05:42 PM
Philpot hard chroming in Luton only charge £165 with p&p both ways. If you send them with the top caps they will also do those for free. I have used them for the past 24 years and, you still have the originals.
Is that including straightening?.
Title: Re: CB750 K7 Pattern fork stanchions??
Post by: Trigger on February 16, 2014, 07:16:25 PM
Phone and ask Mark.
Title: Re: CB750 K7 Pattern fork stanchions??
Post by: MarkCR750 on February 17, 2014, 04:28:09 PM
Well I contacted David Silver and from the measurements of the stanchions that came with the bike they ain't K6 stanchions!, how many models is this bike made up from!! :), Hard Chrome Plating at Mansfield will straighten, re-chrome, grind and polish for £150 including VAT and return postage,(link below) cant complain at that, a friend got his 4/4 forks done there a few weeks ago and they are spot on.

http://www.hardchromeplating.co.uk/
Title: Re: CB750 K7 Pattern fork stanchions??
Post by: JamesH on February 17, 2014, 07:34:00 PM
Thats a great deal for £150...go for it.
Title: Re: CB750 K7 Pattern fork stanchions??
Post by: MarkCR750 on February 17, 2014, 07:50:27 PM
Yes, works out cheaper than pattern parts so all's well that ends well, I do wonder how many different bikes have contributed to the one I bought!, the old fella that I bought it from took it off the road in 1995, I'm sure he's unaware of it's dubious past, he's 82 now, he has contacted me a few times asking how his old beloved K7 is doing, I wont bother telling him it never was a K7  :)