Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Drew400 on February 17, 2014, 12:48:32 PM
-
Hi all,
In my limited experience of such matters, I routinely use rubber grease when installing new seals, etc. Is this adviseable for rebuilding my 400/4? I'm thinking specifically about the front fork leg seals.
Thank you,
D.
-
when fitting mine i put some fork oil on them at it worked for me with no problems
-
I just use fork oil as well. For other seals I lubricate with whatever they are supposed to keep from leaking. :)
-
OK, a little trade secret. Turn a seal over and it has a recess. Find a O'ring that is a tight fit in he recess and squeeze it in. We always had problems with the clutch lever seal and came up with this idea to tighten the seal to the shaft. Never had a leaking engine seal ever again. Never tried it on a folk seal.
-
Never tried it on a folk seal.
That's at the front of the boat isn't it? :P
-
No Les, It is at the stern.
-
Thanks all, food for thought.... and maybe a few fishes for the seals swimming all around the boat!