Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on February 17, 2014, 08:02:02 PM

Title: cb750k2 Carb hardware
Post by: philward on February 17, 2014, 08:02:02 PM
Hi Guys
With the engine in the frame, I'm onto the carbs. They are now in a thousand bits. Can anyone tell me whether all the external metal parts silver zinc or cadmium (goldish) in colour?
Thanks
Phil
Title: Re: cb750k2 Carb hardware
Post by: RGP750 on February 17, 2014, 08:57:19 PM
Hi Phil I'll join in this thread as well. Mine is a one owner 1974 and now i have cleaned the crud off it
has protected everything under it and everything is zinc ,silver, i know some seem to have "yellow" plating
on the cable quadrants.
Have you cleaned up your bodies yet? I'm sonic cleaning mine and i think i have read somewhere about soda blasting them
but not sure if that's correct.
Cheers Richard
Title: Re: cb750k2 Carb hardware
Post by: philward on February 17, 2014, 09:45:57 PM
Hi Richard
That's next! I try wherever possible to do all the work myself (usually do the zinc plating myself but run out of ingredients so can have it done locally for a tenner which is cheaper than the ingredients) so will clean an polish by hand - will be replacing all jets, etc.  Just takes time. I would like to do the ultrasonic thing but spending a fortune replacing most of the bikes parts with new so someone else's labour is not in budget.  Will trawl the forum for any idea's that will make it easier.
Phil
Title: Re: cb750k2 Carb hardware
Post by: RGP750 on February 17, 2014, 10:00:25 PM
Hi Phil
I'm the same ,hands on and bits don't get lost.
I've only got the nickel kit,i do brit bikes as well.
shame you're not nearer i'm trying a sonic cleaner a guy that
works for me has,if is ok i can do yours as well if you want to chance posting. I'll keep
you posted.
Richard
Title: Re: cb750k2 Carb hardware
Post by: philward on February 17, 2014, 10:35:12 PM
Thanks Richard - let me know how they turn out
Phil