Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on February 21, 2014, 08:38:29 PM

Title: After winter storage
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on February 21, 2014, 08:38:29 PM
Hi All.
Forecast for this sunday here is dry and 15 degrees.Frack it I am going for it, will fill carbs start her up and go for a long ride, saying that the forcast is rain after for the next 3 days but all I want is the grin again.The older I get I feel I do not have the choice much anymore,so I will woop it up while I can.
Go For it guys
Bitsa
Title: Re: After winter storage
Post by: LesterPiglet on February 21, 2014, 10:12:24 PM
Tail end of the US storms here tomorrow. Weather warnings have been issued.  ::)
Title: Re: After winter storage
Post by: Trigger on February 21, 2014, 10:30:05 PM
Bitza, you should get yourself a winter bike just to hack about on. I was out on my 1985, GSX-R today with a smile on my face. With out any worry.  ;D
Title: Re: After winter storage
Post by: Norniron on February 21, 2014, 10:39:59 PM
Bitza, you should get yourself a winter bike just to hack about on. I was out on my 1985, GSX-R today with a smile on my face. With out any worry.  ;D
Lies,u couldnt tear yourself away from this forum for 5 mins.lol
Title: Re: After winter storage
Post by: Trigger on February 21, 2014, 10:43:02 PM
I have to. Because someone keeps sending me pictures of broken parts ;)
Title: Re: After winter storage
Post by: Norniron on February 21, 2014, 10:45:24 PM
I have to. Because someone keeps sending me pictures of broken parts ;)
Well they werent broken,but they might be when they get your length.teehee
Title: After winter storage
Post by: JamesH on February 22, 2014, 10:47:49 AM
Go for it bitsa - i had the afternoon off yesterday, weather in Brighton looking perfect, turned up at the garage to take the cbr900 out and literally as i opened the door the heavens opened. Was soo tempted to say fu*k it and just go for it, but the bike's only got 2900 miles on it / is as new and has never seen the rain - just couldn't bring myself to 'christen' it yesterday. Seriously thinking of taking triggers advice and getting a cheap all weather / go anywhere bike that i don't need to worry about...
Title: Re: After winter storage
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on February 22, 2014, 02:49:45 PM
Cheers all.
I might get me a step through c90 or something like that for messing about in the winter time.Going to a big bike bootfair soon will keep an eye out.
Bitsa
Title: Re: After winter storage
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on February 23, 2014, 07:13:16 PM
Hi All,
Well it was 14 degrees and decided to go for it.Not run since last October turned on the gas expecting it to piss out the overflows but nowt.Turned on the ignition and the lights just about came on thought f ck.Kicked her 3 times and on the 4Th started.Put the jacket, helmet and gloves on and off I went.Frackin freezing still (me being an old git) and had a good run on her.Recommend this if you are severely pissed off and need a kick up the arse to get you going again go for a ride.Magic grin again still great to ride until a cabbage cruncher in a van could not see the high beam light (being an English headlight shining right in his ugly face) but I read that moron no problem.Well that's it for now going to piss down for the rest of the week so will do a service on her oil,filter,tune etc ready for the heat.
Cheers
Bitsa