Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on February 23, 2014, 07:48:54 PM
-
Hi Everyone
Has anyone got a decent pair of starter to solenoid and earth to battery cables they can sell me. Can't find any on ebay except in America (postage is silly money). This is the trouble with buying a bike in boxes - there's loads missing!
Thanks
Phil
-
Try vehicle-wiring- products Phil.
-
Yep Agree
Some and only great stuff from USA but postage costs cripple the great deal.Saying that in Europe you can buy for example a full set of decals for less than the post.
Madness but if you are into old Honda's short and curlies come to mind.
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Thanks Tigger
If I make a set up, I need to know sizes, lengths and end fitting type or will the guys at Wiring Products be able to provide them complete? Prefer to have an original set if anybody has got a spare set.
Thanks
-
Ask on the forum for the measurements and some photos of the ends. The 750 boys are very helpful, sometimes ;). It will be much easier than finding an original set and cheaper than getting them from the states.
-
Philward
Thinking about it myself,On ebay Germany genuine earth lead 19 euros plus post cheaper post than the USA.
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Thanks Bitsa
Seen the pair on the CMSL website and was 59.90 euro's inc VAT and postage - and having just spent £250 doing up the carbs, intake rubbers and airbox this weekend, I'm in remission in the spending dept! Just spending a fortune on this build - won't be much left that won't be new when its finished!
-
Phil
Been there done that and still going on.I do not know your age but at mine I do not care anymore if I want it I get it.As in previous posts my bike follows me into the furnace so I do not care.One difference is where I live apart from a bar there is nothing else to spend my money on so I am re living my youth to the full.Might not help you but you only live once.I am going to a massive bike boot fair in March and always keep my eyes out for member requirements you never know.Let me, you and others what they are looking for.
Cheers oops to many pastis
Bitsa
-
Bitsa
I'm 59 but still got a mortgage unfortunately but spend a lot on the bikes - but have to keep her in doors happy with holidays! The annoying thing is I (like most of us) owned a lot of the big money bikes old jap bikes when I was younger - Honda Fours, ZIB, Phil Read Rep and CB1100RB - hindsight springs to mind. Thanks for the offer to source parts Bitsa
Phil
-
Phil,
For a tenner + 1/2 an hour of your time you can have a nice brand new set of cables - with the added bonus of "I made those myself"
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/cable/batterycable.php
Suggest REF 196; they'll sell it by the cm, and it comes in red & black. Over order by at least 20cms.
For the connectors try..
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/battconns/batttermls.php
Choose T 22-6, T22-8 or T22-10 according to the required hole sizes of your battery terminal connectors, solenoid posts, starter connector & earth connector.
Prepare the various lead lengths, poke the bared wire into its connector & heat the outside with a small blow torch (I use the missuses from her kitchen... don't ask). From the opposite end to where the lead enters feed in solder wire... which should melt nicely / flow throughout the inside of the connector terminal.
Treat yourself to a few PVC insulators (AC2?) to make the job look professional.
Good luck with whatever you decide,
Simon
PS ~ Bitsa, great attitude!
-
Thanks Lobo - already ahead of you! have got those items in the online basket ready to buy!
Anybody got any sizes so that I can make same sizes as standard?
Phil
-
Guys.
Same offer stands the big bike do is the weekend 15 and 16 of March.I go every year and always manage to find things weather I need them or not but to be fair, four stuff is getting less and less.Always hundreds of bikes there will post pics if I remember to take the camera.
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Hi Guys
Can anyone give me an idea of where earth cable bolts to on frame/engine and route of starter to solenoid and earth lead.
I ask because as mentioned previously, bike was a basket case.
Thanks
Phil
-
Quality of pics appalling - sorry. You'll need good eyesight... or better, other posters!
In the pic of my own '750 the earth cable has a piece of black tape temporarily insulating it from the frame / engine bolt.
Simon
-
Thanks Lobo
Pics are fine and helpful. Cant remember the earth being bolted to outside of the frame though?
Phil
-
This from a Honda manual tho' Phil. Does look odd I agree.... but once the side panel's fitted only the connector can be seen.
-
Here's a photo i took a couple of weeks ago during the strip down,may help.
Rich