Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: kiwikk on February 28, 2014, 07:23:37 AM

Title: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: kiwikk on February 28, 2014, 07:23:37 AM
Hi,
Kiwikk signing in from New Zealand.
I'm a 50 something returning biker and I just bought a CB400F to top the list of bikes I've had over the years.
These guys over here in NZ seem to have missed the boat re SOHC Fours but being a Pom, I know their true value and status so I nabbed one quick.
She's a general export version with the clock in kms and is in pretty good condition, no rust.(NZ doesn't use road salt in winter, it hardly ever snows anyway) but I need to standardise her a bit.
I don't normally covert material stuff but I will this one.  ;)

Look forward to discussing stuff with you all.
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: mickwinf on February 28, 2014, 08:58:38 AM
Welcome mate, nice looking bike!
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: Trigger on February 28, 2014, 09:02:19 AM
Welcome.
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: LesterPiglet on February 28, 2014, 12:00:00 PM
Lovely. Welcome from a country that has north in the title.   ;D
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: Green1 on February 28, 2014, 06:48:09 PM
Welcome nice bike
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on February 28, 2014, 06:49:17 PM
Plus 1 with me
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: UK Pete on February 28, 2014, 07:11:08 PM
Hi Kiwikk
(http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s12035.gif) (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)
pete
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: 59viperman on February 28, 2014, 10:18:08 PM
 ;) welcome, nice tidy bike by the look of it.
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: mick on March 03, 2014, 06:45:53 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: MarkCR750 on March 03, 2014, 04:58:57 PM
Welcome Mick
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: kiwikk on June 17, 2014, 10:10:29 AM
I must confess,
I've still got my SOHC but I've also just got a DOHC. (1990 CB-1 CB400F.)
Can I still be a member if I promise not to mention it again?
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: billy192 on June 17, 2014, 01:18:35 PM
welcome  8)
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: JamesH on June 17, 2014, 07:51:06 PM
Cb-1's are great little bikes. I like the cb400 sf as well...
Title: Re: New Kiwi member flying the flag (for Japan)
Post by: kiwikk on June 29, 2014, 03:38:17 AM
Cb-1's are great little bikes. I like the cb400 sf as well...

Interesting how the CB400SF went back to twinshock, chain driven cam/s and straight handlebars like the original CB400F.
I'm already wanting to convert the CB-1 to straight handlebars so I'll be on the lookout for a superfour top yoke.