Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Woodside on March 02, 2014, 12:02:01 PM

Title: Luggage rack
Post by: Woodside on March 02, 2014, 12:02:01 PM
I've had this some time
I think it's for a 500/4

What do you reckon???
Title: Re: Luggage rack
Post by: andy_c101 on March 02, 2014, 04:29:43 PM
I'd say. yes, it does look like the rack for a 550.

The racks mount at upper shock mount bolt and the bolt that supports the side of the rear mudguard under the seat.
The distance between centres for a 550 should be approx 175mm, for the front 'prong' and the lug on the chrome tube.

I modified a '750' rack by welding two new lugs to match my 550.
I then made up an adaptor plate to attach a Givi monolock plate & topbox (not very 'classic' looking, but functional)

It worked a treat for the Classic TT trip last year:   http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6171.0;attach=5544;image
Title: Re: Luggage rack
Post by: Norniron on March 02, 2014, 04:51:43 PM
Is it for sale?
Title: Re: Luggage rack
Post by: Woodside on March 02, 2014, 04:58:17 PM
If it fits my 500 its not for sale .....   

Hoping to get away on it this year so it could come in handy ....