Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on March 07, 2014, 10:06:10 PM

Title: CB750K2 Needle Jet
Post by: philward on March 07, 2014, 10:06:10 PM
Hi Guys
How do you remove the needle jet? Just fitting full set of Keyster jets/etc and it looks like a push fit but don't want to try driving it out from the wrong end.  Theres also a o ring in the kit, is that for the drain and a small washer that I cant figure out where it fits.
Also, main jet that was in was 105 and new Keyster one is 110? Which  is right - I've got Cruzimage bigbore kit on so which is best suited?
Thanks
Phil
Title: Re: CB750K2 Needle Jet
Post by: philward on March 08, 2014, 01:44:49 PM
Have now got jet out (sohc.net link http://www.salocal.com/sohc/tech/carb/dspg_mgs/rmvndljt.htm) - but having difficulty refitting - should be straight forward except its difficult to 'square up the jet' down the main jet casting - scared of driving it in at an angle and jamming jet in carb casting.  Anybody got any suggestions as I haven't got access to lathe (or skills) to make a tool to hold it square while driving it in.
Phil
Title: Re: CB750K2 Needle Jet
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on March 08, 2014, 02:21:14 PM
Phil,
When I did mine I drop it in and used an old emulsion tube to push it home but also using a small screwdriver from the top to guide it in as I screwed in by hand not spanner.when I was happy that it was fully home nipped it up.
Does that make sense to you?
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: CB750K2 Needle Jet
Post by: philward on March 08, 2014, 07:26:07 PM
Just done similar method Bitsa! Great minds think alike!
Thanks
Phil