Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: RGP750 on March 11, 2014, 06:35:22 PM

Title: 50% off oil
Post by: RGP750 on March 11, 2014, 06:35:22 PM
Hi All
Looking for oil supply came across Autoparts selling Castrol GTX  10w40 4ltrs at 50% off (list apparently £28-79)
for £14-95.
Having only just getting the bike on the road i'm sure this is what i used back in the 70s.
comments, before i buy please.
Cheers Rich
Title: Re: 50% off oil
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on March 11, 2014, 06:50:32 PM
Rgp,
Everyone has their own opinion on what grades of oil is best.At that price I do not think you will go wrong.I personally only because the workshop I worked in the 70s always used 20/50 duckhams green piss,GTX and many others that I cant remember I think with all agents it was down to price.At the mo still using mineral 20/50 and have no problems with it.Like I said down to preference.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: 50% off oil
Post by: matthewmosse on March 11, 2014, 06:54:07 PM
At that price I'd buy a few cans, it won't go off especially if left sealed.
Title: Re: 50% off oil
Post by: RGP750 on March 11, 2014, 06:58:46 PM
Thanks guys, they are restricting to max 4 cans.
Cheers Rich
Title: Re: 50% off oil
Post by: Green1 on March 11, 2014, 07:11:23 PM
I run everything on 10/40 as it's perfectly fine with our climate.One of my old customers was a sales rep for a big oil company and he told me that no one makes a bad oil anymore some just last longer than others between changes.So as long as you change it often almost anything will be fine.
So I buy a mid range oil and change it often

Mick
Title: Re: 50% off oil
Post by: RGP750 on March 11, 2014, 07:18:41 PM
3 cans bought,so no excuse for not changing it now ;D
Thanks