Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: CSAcavalry on July 23, 2006, 05:36:29 PM

Title: 77 750F2 colors
Post by: CSAcavalry on July 23, 2006, 05:36:29 PM
Hey, new to the forum here. Finally got another 750.
Makes my forth and I wish I had my first, a K1 71.
Anyway, can some one point me to some pictures of the
paint colors used on the 77 750 F2. I plan to repaint mine and
have pretty well decided to go back with an original color from that
year. Thanks, Robert
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 24, 2006, 11:53:23 AM
Probably depends on where you are.  The US models are fairly well described on various websites, the UK/Europe not so.

I think they ditched the yellow for the F2 and stuck with a very dark red (nearly black).
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: CSAcavalry on July 24, 2006, 10:42:08 PM
Thanks. Yea, it's seems from the other site that the only colors in 77 for the
750F us were red and black.
Does anyone know what was offered in Europe?
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 25, 2006, 11:10:20 AM
I've only ever seen red or black F2s so it could be the same.

Anyone seen any other colours?
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: JonnyB on July 25, 2006, 01:54:11 PM
Come to think of it, I've nerver seen and F2 in any other colours (Red and Black)
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: jimshea on July 27, 2006, 11:20:17 AM
F2s in Europe came in red or black only... but there may have been other imports, not sure!!
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: F2John on September 20, 2006, 10:10:04 AM
The F2 was available in Maroon, Black and a sort of tourqoise blue. The graphics however are not the same color (although very similar). I have just comleted a restoration project on an F2 which is black, I got the graphics from Sunrise Graphics and had to state which color the paint was to get the correct color graphics. New to site and dont know how to post pictures but I have good pics of F2s in all available colours. Cheers hope this helps.
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on September 20, 2006, 03:40:54 PM
Email a picture to John Burrin and he'll put it in the Gallery.

Then use the \"img\" button during a post to link to it

Like this...

(http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/index.php?set_albumName=album09&id=EngineMay05&option=com_gallery&Itemid=&include=view_photo.php)
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on September 20, 2006, 03:41:32 PM
Well that didn't work did it!!

John??
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: JonnyB on September 21, 2006, 08:55:21 AM
Images seem to be causeing some problems, there are a few way to get an image into the forum,

The best would be to use the img upload (which I re-enabled for you all),
keep the image below 500 pixels in width and no bigger that 1024 KB (1Mb)

Use the browse image box below and click little img button next to browse
 (http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/44_1_1_.jpg)

And submit it

Another way is to click the Img button above and paste in the absolute url of an image on the web
(http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/images/stories/albums/album05/P1080012.highlight.jpg)

In  your forum text it will look something like this:

 {img size=300}http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/44_1_1_.jpg{/img}

Note the curly brackets {} should be square brackets [], but if I had done square brackets you would see the image and not the code

Post edited by: JonnyB, at: 2006/09/21 09:08
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on September 21, 2006, 10:07:46 AM
John, Glenn Stauffer limits images to 128k (as you probably know) which seems perfectly adequate for the forums (if not the gallery)

If you have the storage to support 1M uploads then I guess it will save us lot the effort of downsizing everything before we post (which I must admit is a pain in the arse!)
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: JonnyB on September 21, 2006, 12:06:30 PM
Hi Steve,

At the moment storage is not a problem, since the company I work for own the server.

I felt the limit of 1Mb was not going to be a problem, as I've limited the size to 500 pixels, this would make an uncompressed Jpeg about 700k, which when saved will be smaller.

The pic of the tracy seat below is only 30k

I'll see how it goes The whole website including the gallery is about 120mb
Title: Re:77 750F2 colors
Post by: mzokk on September 22, 2006, 01:32:12 AM
Yip.  1978 F2's were available in Black, Maroon and Blue.  Here's a couple of picks of Mine Circa 1983/84.

(http://usera.imagecave.com/Mzokk/Scotland/Bikef2.jpg)

At Dundrum Caravan park in NI
And at Bealach Na Ba Nr Applecross.  

(http://usera.imagecave.com/Mzokk/Scotland/Scan020May292006.jpg)

Good to see folks keeping these bikes alive I sold mine in 1986 having used it for many trips to Scotland, England and France.

Post edited by: JonnyB, at: 2006/09/22 08:40
Title: Re: 77 750F2 colors
Post by: NewZer on June 04, 2009, 02:09:57 PM
Do you have a complete data that is 1978 F2's that is available.,?



_________________
Indianapolis SEO (http://www.slingshotseo.com)