Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: CATTY F1 on July 24, 2006, 11:51:31 AM

Title: oil level
Post by: CATTY F1 on July 24, 2006, 11:51:31 AM
Hi All.

Having just bought my first CB750 F1 supersport and being new to this forum i was wondering if someone could shed some light on a problem im having.

I checked my oil level and it wasn't registering on the dipstick, so i topped it up (as the manual says) to half way, took it for a ride and it just sput it out of the breather tube all over the bike. Why?  Before i put it in the bike was running fine but i could not tell how much was in there which is why i decided to top it up just in case.

Cheers.
Dave.
Title: Re:oil level
Post by: JonnyB on July 24, 2006, 12:35:19 PM
I think this happens when oil is seeping into the crank case from the oil tank, I've never seen it but I have heard of it,

Oil is not meant to flow out of the tank, so you may have a stuck pressure release valve or the pump may just be worn out
Title: Re:oil level
Post by: jimshea on July 27, 2006, 11:04:10 AM
John's point is correct re the stuck release valve.. have you tired draining all of the oil out and checking how much you get out?? Did you do an oil change?