Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: warp on March 15, 2014, 11:48:54 AM

Title: OEM HM300 worth the money?
Post by: warp on March 15, 2014, 11:48:54 AM
Hi,
I have a K1 with an aftermarket 4in1 exhaust and would like to bring the bike back to a more original look. (and sound)
I've been looking for at nice set of used HM300 pipes but it's nowhere to be found in good condition.
So my question is now if it's worth the money to pay 2k for a set of original pipes from http://www.cmsnl.com or should I go for a set of reproduced HM300p from David Silver at half the price?
…how big is the difference in quality, fit, sound etc.?

Thanks,
Jacob
Title: Re: OEM HM300 worth the money?
Post by: Norniron on March 15, 2014, 02:29:57 PM
If you were to buy the pipes from cms,would they add £2000 on to the value of your bike?
Personally id go for the repros
Title: Re: OEM HM300 worth the money?
Post by: warp on March 15, 2014, 03:10:43 PM
Yes if it's only a matter value of the bike (short term at least) I fully agree. The OEM pipes will not add 2000 to the value of the bike just by bolting them on. However for me the value is not that important as I've no plan to sell the bike.
I'm more interested in the difference between the original pipes and the repros in regards to performance and quality?
Title: Re: OEM HM300 worth the money?
Post by: UK Pete on March 15, 2014, 05:58:34 PM
I would say both performance and quality would be near the same
pete
Title: Re: OEM HM300 worth the money?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on March 15, 2014, 07:47:10 PM
If the Silver ones are the Yamiya ones then they will definitely be high quality and ont have all of the 'verbage' stamped into them like the late production Honda ones had. CMS always seem overpriced to me, that's why I have never bought anything from them, luckily I have always managed to source elsewhere !

Cheers .... AshD
Title: Re: OEM HM300 worth the money?
Post by: philward on March 17, 2014, 10:45:19 PM
Has Silvers got the repos in stock yet? - I emailed them a few months ago and they didn't know when they where getting them in. I'm after a set myself - a set of prototype repos needing work to get them to fit went for over £800 on ebay earlier today!
Phil
Title: Re: OEM HM300 worth the money?
Post by: LesterPiglet on March 17, 2014, 11:26:48 PM
From the US site.

For those with bigger wallets than mine -  David Silver Spares has HM300 reproduction exhaust sets in stock.  $2037