Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Liam on March 16, 2014, 06:50:15 PM

Title: Newby with a switching problem
Post by: Liam on March 16, 2014, 06:50:15 PM
Hi…
I'm absolutely new to this malarky but will I think I'll be on here stacks having just purchased an imported 1976 CB 750F SS for restoration.  It's a runner and not in to bad a condition but needs some work.  Just about to service etc. before working out the next step of how far do i go with it.

Anyoldhow - now for rather embarrassing admission. The head light is permanently on!  I have no idea how to turn it off.  googled etc but to no avail…  the left switch gear has Left & Right signal switch, High & Low beam and horn switch.  The right has off - run - off switch and Start button - On / Off for the head light cannot be found!!

Anyone help me out????
Title: Re: Newby with a switching problem
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on March 16, 2014, 07:23:43 PM
Liam.
Is it american? If so as with some other countries the headlight is wired to be on all the time.Unless you re loom it to uk speck you will have to live with it.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Newby with a switching problem
Post by: Liam on March 16, 2014, 09:10:42 PM
Many thanks Bitsa…  It is indeed a US import - "Safety First" it is then.
Cheers.
Liam
Title: Re: Newby with a switching problem
Post by: MarkCR750 on March 31, 2014, 06:52:38 PM
You could retro fit a switch, but may as well leave it on, I always ride with my headlight on, not sure how many drivers it alerts :o, but it's worth a try!, welcome.
Title: Re: Newby with a switching problem
Post by: hairygit on March 31, 2014, 08:20:48 PM
If I recall correctly the lioms are the same on F1 models worldwide, you just need to fit a U.K. model righthand switchgear, 400four also fits:))

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2