Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on March 19, 2014, 10:01:37 PM

Title: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: MarkCR750 on March 19, 2014, 10:01:37 PM
I got a nice little oil pressure gauge for my CR build, where is the best place for the off take?, I know I know I should find that out for myself but sometimes its quicker to ask 😊!
Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: Trigger on March 19, 2014, 10:08:01 PM
I did one once by replacing the oil pressure switch with a braided hose to a oil gauge. 
Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: Bryanj on March 20, 2014, 06:21:40 AM
The usual one is the oil gallery plug near the points cover
Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: bytio on March 20, 2014, 06:57:04 AM
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/eqyqa6u3.jpg)(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/9e5y2e9e.jpg)

Fitted here at end of oil gallery

Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: Bryanj on March 20, 2014, 04:22:43 PM
Thats the one! didn't have a picture (till now!!)
Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: MarkCR750 on March 20, 2014, 06:11:59 PM
Thanks all.
Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: JamesH on March 20, 2014, 08:31:33 PM
Mark have you checked out Joker machines offering?
Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: JamesH on March 20, 2014, 08:42:42 PM
http://jokermachine.com/products/cafe-racer/honda-cb750-parts/cb750-oil-pressure-gauge-assembly.html
Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: Green1 on March 20, 2014, 09:38:57 PM
There smart  8)  I may have to buy one the one fitted to my bike is so big I catch it with my boot when I kick it.

Note to self stop being a tight wad and buy a battery.

Mick   
Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: MarkCR750 on March 21, 2014, 05:43:55 PM
Mark have you checked out Joker machines offering?
I got this one a few weeks back, nice unit , why are the full of oil, does anyone know?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171264643380
Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: JamesH on March 21, 2014, 06:54:12 PM
Pretty sure the oil is there to act as a damper for the indicator needle
Title: Re: Oil pressure gauge off take
Post by: Green1 on March 21, 2014, 10:56:42 PM
As James says its there as a damper mine doesn't have any oil in it and it can jump a bit sometimes.
The oil is not really necessary as it soon settles down again.

Mick