Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: MikeM on March 21, 2014, 07:19:34 PM

Title: petrol tank rubber mounts
Post by: MikeM on March 21, 2014, 07:19:34 PM
cant recall where 2 of these go

got 4 of these 2 large ones which I have pushed onto sides of frame

as in no 12 here

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb550k3-four-england_model14671/partslist/F12.html#results

I have 2 more .... cant recall where they go though
Title: Re: petrol tank rubber mounts
Post by: Johnwebley on March 21, 2014, 07:27:02 PM
on my CB500 ,I have two each side,

 a simple round one,and the outer one that has a blind hole,matching each side
Title: Re: petrol tank rubber mounts
Post by: Trigger on March 21, 2014, 07:46:24 PM
There is only 2 round tank rubbers on your bike Mike.
Title: Re: petrol tank rubber mounts
Post by: MikeM on March 21, 2014, 07:55:29 PM
must have had some spares in the box of parts that was with bike then I have 4



(http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/INEEDMOREPICS/PICT0265_zps94f1f56b.jpg) (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/INEEDMOREPICS/media/PICT0265_zps94f1f56b.jpg.html)
Title: Re: petrol tank rubber mounts
Post by: Trigger on March 21, 2014, 08:33:52 PM
Or they are breeding Mike. ;)
Title: Re: petrol tank rubber mounts
Post by: LesterPiglet on March 21, 2014, 08:42:03 PM
The one on the bike looks smaller than mine. Are you sure two didn't come off your seat or summit?
Title: Re: petrol tank rubber mounts
Post by: Trigger on March 21, 2014, 09:17:50 PM
They are not from the seat Les. Those for the seat have a mushroom grommet.
Title: Re: petrol tank rubber mounts
Post by: MikeM on March 21, 2014, 10:36:36 PM
not off the seat, I have those bagged all separate

the 4 are the same size, must be spare ones bought some where down the years

for what reason I don't know