Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: billy192 on March 22, 2014, 08:02:49 PM

Title: comming on
Post by: billy192 on March 22, 2014, 08:02:49 PM
Lots more to do but already looking good
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/19_zpsebbb2f45.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/19_zpsebbb2f45.jpg.html)

Billy
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Trigger on March 22, 2014, 08:07:44 PM
Should a screwdriver be sticking out the exhaust?  ;) I always keep mine in me toolbox.
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Green1 on March 22, 2014, 08:49:51 PM
And I still haven't striped the gold bike  you've striped and rebuilt before iv touched mine   :-[
They look like the same rear shocks as mine they improve the handling no end. 

Mick
Title: Lobo
Post by: Lobo on March 23, 2014, 01:20:04 AM
Nice work, and as you say looking good...

What's the small black box above / left of the Voltage Regulator. Fuses? I have a K2 and pretty much a 'hole' there.
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on March 23, 2014, 08:10:05 AM
that screwdriver is cheaper than the bolt Trigger6969 ;-)
Green, these shocks were recommended on here i think perhaps by you

yes fuse box Lobo

Billy
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: K2-K6 on March 23, 2014, 06:54:01 PM
That's looking really good billy and nice to see such a good bike coming together. I'm really envious of projects like this on here as I can't even get near to working on anything I've got currently.

You're going to have a very nice bike to ride when finished with all the hard work, well worth it I think.
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: UK Pete on March 23, 2014, 07:02:02 PM
Thats looking real good billy
pete
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on March 23, 2014, 07:05:02 PM
Billy,
Keep going mate looking good so far
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on March 24, 2014, 03:37:46 PM
bitsa
is there any chance you can take a pic of the brake arm under the swing arm. I am not sure if i have put mine on wrong.  i have it at 11 o'clock leaning back toward the rear wheel, but i feel it may be the wrong way as this doesn't give much travel before hitting the swing arm.
thanks Billy
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: LesterPiglet on March 24, 2014, 04:53:40 PM
I'm thinking it should be around the 7 oclock position and the rod routes under the rear axle.
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Trigger on March 24, 2014, 05:28:00 PM
Have you been drinking again Lester??? :)
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: LesterPiglet on March 24, 2014, 06:28:56 PM
Just a milkshake.

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb750k6-four-england_model14383/partslist/F10.html#results
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on March 24, 2014, 06:50:36 PM
Billy.
Not easy with the pipes on but here goes the last photo is when brake is on you can just see the knuckle pass the edge of the frame
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: LesterPiglet on March 24, 2014, 07:07:46 PM
I should really read things more than once. I assumed you were talking about the arm on the brake plate.   ::)
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on March 25, 2014, 08:12:07 AM
Bitsa,
spot on,,,,, I do have it wrong. :-(
I will swap the position on Sat (work away all week) thanks for the great pics
Lester
sorry if i missled you but thanks for answering

Billy
Title: comming on
Post by: JamesH on March 25, 2014, 08:27:26 AM
This is why this forum is so awesome. Nice one Lester.

Billy, looks like it's coming together nicely - what's the final colour going to be?
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on March 25, 2014, 09:30:14 AM
Red is on the log book. so Antes red or whatever its called.  ???


has any one got a small test of this colour so i can get it matched localy? (yes a long shot)
Billy
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Green1 on March 25, 2014, 08:32:49 PM
I assume its a 1076 k6  so the colour is Antares Red if its 1975 a k5 it will be Flake Apricot Red.
Sorry cant help with a sample


Mick
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on March 26, 2014, 09:09:21 AM
Yes its a 1976 k6  Antares Red   :D
Billy
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on March 26, 2014, 10:19:01 AM
Billy,
Is this the colour if its not god knows what they call this.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: hairygit on March 26, 2014, 10:37:03 AM
Candy Antares red was also used on the CB750F1 and the CB400F2, and is still available, I know some wont agree, but it's one of Honda's  best colours from the 70's:))

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: comming on
Post by: neat street on March 26, 2014, 07:23:45 PM
Well done Billy, you will soon be out and about on it, just ready for the summer we may have?? looks great.
John
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Green1 on March 26, 2014, 07:38:26 PM
I don't think the Antares red is metallic but has a silver base and red top coat.Flake Apricot Red has a silver metallic base and red top coat.
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: fisjon on March 27, 2014, 07:28:00 PM
Hi 'Billy'
John here from Caerphilly, my CB650Z was Candy Antares Red. If it's 'Candy' Antares Red it is definitely metallic.
You can get it from RS paint, it is a three part kit:
1. WB Honda 726 Silver Base
2. COB Honda 726 Candy Antares Red (it's a lacquer)
3. Clear Gloss Lacquer
I bought a new tank and side panels for the bike but could not get a new tail piece so I had to paint the old one. Not easy I can tell you. Probably the hardest thing I have ever tried to paint. One squirt too many and you have ruined it. Got a reasonable finish on the 3rd attempt, but each time you cock up you have to strip right down again as the silver base needs to show through the lacquer to get the right colour.
I've got a can of each! might be enough to do a tank...........just might
john

ps there might be a difference of opinion as to whether Candy paint is metallic, it is different from 'Flake' metallic but I would say that it is metallic. It is the same finish as the gold CB750K0/1/2. I think the correct term is Candy Apple finish.
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Green1 on March 27, 2014, 09:25:35 PM
The 750 k6 wasn't a candy it had a solid silver base and a semi translucent top coat (coloured lacquer) were as a candy has a silver metallic base and semi translucent top coat,Flakes are different again as they used larger metal flakes in the base coat and then a semi translucent top coat.All are then finished with clear top.

Candy colours use a metallic base
Metallic normally uses a solid base and then a metallic top coat although Valley green metallic is a little unusual as it has a silver metallic base and a semi translucent top coat     
 
Mick
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on March 28, 2014, 11:53:36 AM
Fisjon,

Nice looking bike if you still have it.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: fisjon on March 28, 2014, 08:53:15 PM
Hi Bitsa,
I bought the cb650z as a complete wreck and it cost £4,300.00 to restore, it was a love hate relationship as it was really nice to look at but wasn't very nice to ride, not a lot of power and brake weren't very good, but then that was the seventies/eighties. I also had a VF750FD at the same time so, reluctantly the CB had to go. Sold for £2.700 and then I sold all the spares I had for £900 so just about broke even. It took 18 months to do.

Hi  Green1,
It looks like RS paint sent me the wrong base paint then, they sent me Silver Base not Metallic Silver Base, no wonder I could not get it quite right.

cheers
john
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on March 29, 2014, 06:28:15 PM
Fisjon,
All the years I worked on them never rode one so I will accept what you say but still looks nice.The worst thing I can remember is my bonehead bruv who had a cbx thou which I rebuilt in my cellar only for him to sell it.Was not happy with him if I knew I would have bought it.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: antonypo on April 17, 2014, 10:09:43 AM
Billy where did you get the rear shocks from?
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on April 17, 2014, 08:00:49 PM
Hi Ant
i got them on ebay 190448102397

they are for a CB 900 1/2 inch longer than for the 750. I was advised by a decent bike builder that these perform better than originals.

Billy
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on June 11, 2014, 09:49:26 AM
MOT this Sat, with a bit of luck out on it Sunday just a new petrol cap and all done. i did have one but i put it in a very safe place at the start of the build. and its still there :-)

(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/photo3_zps0e2a9566.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/photo3_zps0e2a9566.jpg.html)

will post some more pics Sat.

(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/photo5_zps4c985150.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/photo5_zps4c985150.jpg.html)

also thanks to bitsa made the K6 breather bracket.
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 11, 2014, 10:39:10 AM
Looking good Billy but the brake hose should go between mudguard clamp and fork bottom
Hate to think what would happen if you caught it on something that way
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on June 11, 2014, 12:02:22 PM
well spoted will adjust before MOT
Billy
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on June 12, 2014, 09:25:09 PM
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_8118_zps49b4bea1.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_8118_zps49b4bea1.jpg.html)

(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_8113_zpsd1c53e8e.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_8113_zpsd1c53e8e.jpg.html)

(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_8110_zps16c9d289.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_8110_zps16c9d289.jpg.html)

(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_8107_zpsd45dcb90.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_8107_zpsd45dcb90.jpg.html)

(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/njwill1/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_8105_zps0b6e568d.jpg) (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/njwill1/media/new/Projects/CB750K6/IMG_8105_zps0b6e568d.jpg.html)

well take it for a short run in the morning just to check all is well on the brake front

Billy
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: UK Pete on June 12, 2014, 10:01:49 PM
Thats looking real nice
pete
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Green1 on June 12, 2014, 10:36:15 PM
Looking good I can see Iv got to get the Autosol out.

Mick
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: K2-K6 on June 13, 2014, 10:07:54 PM
Well that looks really nice, I bet you're pleased to get it looking like that after all the hard work and some nice weather to get out and ride as well.
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: MarkCR750 on June 14, 2014, 11:58:43 AM
Looks excellent, great work.
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 14, 2014, 06:29:33 PM
Billy
Just noticed where is the front mudguard stay mate?
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Green1 on June 14, 2014, 06:37:19 PM
Don't get people started on that again Bitsa.I have exactly the same mudguard and forks for that matter on my gold K1.

Mick   
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 14, 2014, 06:52:47 PM
Mick
Sorry mate dont mean to open old wounds or subjects but I was convinced they all had them
Well I still live and learn
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on June 14, 2014, 08:37:59 PM
 :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Green1 on June 14, 2014, 08:50:30 PM
Don't worry Billy it's the wright one for your bike it's my one that caused a lengthy discussion.

Mick
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: mick on June 15, 2014, 08:07:37 AM
Looks good Billy you've done a cracking job on this one  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: billy192 on June 15, 2014, 07:31:04 PM
thanks guys
did 150 miles today big grin great day
Billy
Title: Re: comming on
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on June 15, 2014, 08:35:31 PM
Billy
Your more than welcome to the famous silly grin good aint it?
All the best mate
Bitsa