Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: DayvW on March 24, 2014, 07:46:20 PM

Title: Worn Cam Chain Tensioner and Guide, and Tensioner Arm (DS Replacement)
Post by: DayvW on March 24, 2014, 07:46:20 PM
Whilst posting I thought it may also help someone to see some pics of worn and new tensioner and guide - plus the (frankly lovely) DS replacement tensioner arm.  You should be able to see the horrendous gouging that has occurred (apparently it can be repaired - but I felt mine was far too worn!).
Title: Re: Worn Cam Chain Tensioner and Guide, and Tensioner Arm (DS Replacement)
Post by: Trigger on March 24, 2014, 07:56:31 PM
You must love your bike Dayv. Well, that cam chain will last a long time matched with all that new stuff.
Title: Re: Worn Cam Chain Tensioner and Guide, and Tensioner Arm (DS Replacement)
Post by: DayvW on March 24, 2014, 08:04:46 PM
This is my first rebuild (and loving it!) so want to get it right.  I'm probably overspending a tad if I'm honest with myself (which I never am!) - but I ached for a 400F in my youth so I'm not doing this to sell on but to keep  ;D