Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: donny on July 26, 2006, 07:38:52 PM

Title: oil guage location
Post by: donny on July 26, 2006, 07:38:52 PM
:blink: I see where some locate  oil guages, but what do they screw into.? ?750f has some plug at 7:00 to the points cover. What is this?? is that where they plugem into??  :S Donny
Title: Re:oil guage location
Post by: JonnyB on July 27, 2006, 09:25:39 AM
Hi donny, nice to have you aboard.

Photo here (http://www.honda-sohc.co.uk/index.php?set_albumName=album15&id=100_4868&option=com_gallery&Itemid=&include=view_photo.php)

The link above shows where the oil pressure gauge fits on the CB750, It's normally used to check oil pressure, but a lot of folks leave one it 'cos it looks cool. I've seen the gauges on ebay, you unscrew the plug and screw in the guage, never tried it myself, those caps are really soft so you could end up making a mess of it and never get it out.
Title: Re:oil guage location
Post by: jimshea on July 27, 2006, 11:07:02 AM
I know a chap who has one on his bike and it is really for show more than anything else. Although they do work I do not think they are accurate!
Title: Re:oil guage location
Post by: donny on August 03, 2006, 01:04:25 AM
Howdy from Iowa, USA....I thought that was where it went, but Clymers never said what this bolt was.  I think I shall apply a guage, since my bike does not have an idiot light, nothing, so an inaccurate guage is better than none.  An oil pressure guage is inexpensive at the tractor supply store, but I probaly will need to rethread to metric. Any idea what the metric thread i on this hole ?                   thanks,  Donny     :)
Title: Re:oil guage location
Post by: donny on August 03, 2006, 01:08:12 AM
Howdy from Iowa, USA....I thought that was where it went, but Clymers never said what this bolt was.  I think I shall apply a guage, since my bike does not have an idiot light, nothing, so an inaccurate guage is better than none.  An oil pressure guage is inexpensive at the tractor supply store, but I probaly will need to rethread to metric. Any idea what the metric thread i on this hole ?                   thanks,  Donny     :)
Title: Re:oil guage location
Post by: jimshea on August 04, 2006, 10:14:59 AM
Sorry no idea. The guy I mentioned got his gauge from ebay for $10-15, might be worth trying that before re threading!!
Title: Re:oil guage location
Post by: CSAcavalry on August 12, 2006, 03:04:39 PM
Howdy from Virginia.
I'm planning to put an oil pressure gauge on my 750F2. An adaptor to the
crank plug you mention and then go to a stainless braided line up to
the instruments with the gauge lighted and mounted there.
Just have to figure out the mount there. VDO 2\" gauge shouldn't take up much room.
Title: Re:oil guage location
Post by: CSAcavalry on August 12, 2006, 03:05:27 PM
Howdy from Virginia.
I'm planning to put an oil pressure gauge on my 750F2. An adaptor to the
crank plug you mention and then go to a stainless braided line up to
the instruments with the gauge lighted and mounted there.
Just have to figure out the mount there. VDO 2\" gauge shouldn't take up much room.