Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Wookster on April 03, 2014, 05:09:52 PM

Title: piston kits supplier help please
Post by: Wookster on April 03, 2014, 05:09:52 PM
Afternoon all,

I’m in the process of rebuilding a 1976 cb500t, I’ve found that the bike had only been running on one cylinder and scored up the bore pretty badly so I’m looking for new pistons and rings but my engine builder is having trouble sourcing them, could some one point me in the right direction to a UK supplier if possible please ( not sure if I need to go over size and not checked the bore diameters yet.  Thanks for any help.
Title: Re: piston kits supplier help please
Post by: Bryanj on April 03, 2014, 06:25:56 PM
You will find it cheaper to try and get used bits from a breaker as they were never popular
Title: Re: piston kits supplier help please
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on April 03, 2014, 07:23:46 PM
Hi,
Look on www ebay.de type in honda cb500t there is a set of cylinders with pistons and rings for sale not cheap though might be your best way to go.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: piston kits supplier help please
Post by: Wookster on April 03, 2014, 08:34:21 PM
Great, thanks so far, I have found from David silver new rings so I'm kind of hoping I can just get it honed perhaps, but ideally I'd like to rebore and fit new pistons and rings.