Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: royhall on April 06, 2014, 11:07:12 AM

Title: Carb repair kits for CB750F2
Post by: royhall on April 06, 2014, 11:07:12 AM
Hi. New to the forum so hello to everybody. Not used the forum before so forgive me if I post wrongly. Will soon get the hang of it. Quick question, am trying to get 4 carb repair kits for the CB750F2 (1978) as you probably know they are listed as unavailable. I can get a kit for the 750K that looks the same, but there are two different ones, the 77 & 78. will either of these kits do the job. Many thanks.
Title: Re: Carb repair kits for CB750F2
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 06, 2014, 12:16:28 PM
Hi Roy, welcome to the forum, it's worth giving David Silver a call, they often have parts that are not listed on their website.
Title: Re: Carb repair kits for CB750F2
Post by: Bryanj on April 07, 2014, 06:54:49 AM
Or a Canadian firm called Sirius
Title: Re: Carb repair kits for CB750F2
Post by: royhall on April 07, 2014, 07:57:55 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately David Silver did not have them, says they cant get hold of them at the moment. And Sirius is a bit too expensive for my budget at 250 dollars for 4 kits. Have found a guy in Japan that says he has kits for  the 1977 K7 model that are okay for the F2. Not sure about jet sizes though. Any advice you can give me would be a great help. Many thanks.
Title: Re: Carb repair kits for CB750F2
Post by: antonypo on April 07, 2014, 11:24:58 AM
have a look at this page on ebay. i searched under k4 and there's a kit to fit yours

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=HONDA+CB750+CARB+REBUILD+KIT+4
Title: Re: Carb repair kits for CB750F2
Post by: mick on April 07, 2014, 01:59:09 PM
Hi Roy and welcome to the forum, I'm just up the road from you in Lancaster, do you ever get to Knott End on a Wednesday night?, I've got a F1 and a K series CB750  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Carb repair kits for CB750F2
Post by: royhall on April 12, 2014, 09:21:01 AM
Hi Mick. Yes I do go to Knott End but only rarely. The problem is I only live about 3 miles away so hardly worth getting the bike out, not really a run out. Also working away during the week quite a lot. We usually go up to Devils Bridge, which isn't much of a run out for you. I am at present restoring a CB750F2, I also have a rideable F2 (up for sale soon), and a modern CB1300. May see you at Knott End, let me know if your going you never know I may actually be local. Cheers.