Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: JamesH on April 10, 2014, 10:53:11 PM

Title: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: JamesH on April 10, 2014, 10:53:11 PM
Ha ha, always had a love hate relationship with Brown on vehicles (cars or bikes) but have to say I'm kind of loving my k2 in Brown....(opening the thread for a torrent of abuse....:-) )...

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/ypu4a5e5.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/11/8evaqy8a.jpg)
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: Green1 on April 10, 2014, 11:26:30 PM
You've not gone and bought another one have you James. ;)
You won't get any abuse from me I like all the oddball colours.
I don't like to be the same as everyone else  that's what drew me to the green bike.
She may not pop like my gold bike but she still pulls a crowd. 8) 
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: JamesH on April 11, 2014, 12:31:05 AM
Ha ha mick you could say that. Can't stay away from the 750's - it's a bug.
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 11, 2014, 07:28:40 AM
Actually James I have to say it looks good, sort of restrained, classy?, plus your on the wrong forum for abuse!, everyone on this forum seems to show a good degree of intelligence, wit, live and let live attitude, very much like my good self  :),nice bike what are your plans for it?.
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: mick on April 11, 2014, 08:59:49 AM
I to like the brier brown and the valley green bikes  8), but my favourite colour is the candy ruby red  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: antonypo on April 11, 2014, 12:49:04 PM
As you can see my project is a BROWN  k4 but i can't see me keeping it that way. it just doesn't show off the bike to me.
Secondly from the picture can you tell me if my handle bars are correct?
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on April 11, 2014, 01:01:39 PM
Anton,
No they are aftermarket the wires from the switches should go through the bars not hanging around like the one for the starter.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: r1_pete on April 11, 2014, 02:00:52 PM
They do look 'right' in brown, like some other vehicles of the period, e.g. mk1 Escorts and Capris.

I'd stick with the brown Antony, but revert to being a 2 seater, it could get crowded with 3 on there.  :) :) :) :)
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: K2-K6 on April 11, 2014, 10:32:41 PM
I'll go along with it looking pretty good as well, never seen one in brown but that does look quite cool.

Probably needs high light levels to really set it off well, so a good sunny day bike, or California.....
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: antonypo on April 12, 2014, 01:23:26 PM
53100341700 handlebars are discontinued. Is there an alternative same size anywhere ??
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on April 12, 2014, 02:33:54 PM
Antony
There are plenty of repro and the odd genuine bars on ebay.fr ebay.de and in the states.
Hope you got some money.www.ebay.de/itm/Honda-CB-750-Four-K0-K1-Lenker-Original-neu-/320813175253?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item4ab1f491d5#ht_284wt_719
300 middle number high Bar 341 low bar.Dutch crowd have repro low ones.
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: JamesH on April 12, 2014, 08:34:50 PM

I to like the brier brown and the valley green bikes  8), but my favourite colour is the candy ruby red  ;) cheers Mick.
Have to agree with you there Mick. Candy Ruby Red is stunning...
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: steff750 on April 13, 2014, 08:38:33 AM
Quote
Have to agree with you there Mick. Candy Ruby Red is stunning...

 ;) OK I was gonna stay out of this but turdy brown and pee green ain't real colours lol
 I'm still stuck in the  psychedelic seventies where candy rules  :D
 having five CB750's all the same colour candy blue green  I am gonna say that is the best colour just by shear numbers lol
 ;D although I did paint one candy ruby red just because I didn't have one in that colour. I also like candy gold  so that might be next :-*
 keep this post going and kill off dirty colours   :D
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: JamesH on April 13, 2014, 12:59:28 PM
Ha ha love it Steff. I have visions of you with a big pair of flares and a perm in and amongst your 750's :-)....im partial to the Flake Sunrise orange and Candy gold
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: Trigger on April 13, 2014, 03:09:40 PM
I thought some 750 sohc had very oddball colours, until i came across this SAD V-Max. Can not understand that someone spent a load of money to do this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-MAX-1200-CUSTOM-YAMAHA-SHOWBIKE-HOG-CHOP-CRUISER-STREETFIGHTER-MOTORCYCLE-/141252325822?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item20e34b71be

What was the person thinking about? When he did this to a bike.
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: ka-ja on April 13, 2014, 05:55:22 PM
Hi,
     Probably sick of trying to find it in a crowded bike park, or severe colour blindness!----Ken
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: Green1 on April 13, 2014, 07:37:47 PM
I'll take pee green and turdy brown every time.The rarer they are the more there worth. ;)
I would quite like a Boss Maroon 750 now.Candy blue green are at the bottom of my list because there so predictable everyone has seen one or had one. :D  ;)
My eyes are quite literally burning after seeing that thing! 
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 13, 2014, 07:46:22 PM
I thought some 750 sohc had very oddball colours, until i came across this SAD V-Max. Can not understand that someone spent a load of money to do this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-MAX-1200-CUSTOM-YAMAHA-SHOWBIKE-HOG-CHOP-CRUISER-STREETFIGHTER-MOTORCYCLE-/141252325822?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item20e34b71be

What was the person thinking about? When he did this to a bike.

Hmmm ???, possibly had some paint left over from a merry-go-round restoration?
Title: Re: Never thought I'd say this but I'm kind of loving the Brown K2....
Post by: steff750 on April 13, 2014, 09:11:08 PM
 lol  that is shocking that v-max looks like something off the dodgems he must been tripping when he spayed that thing.
 this post definetly getting out of hand ;) keep em comin