Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on April 25, 2014, 01:13:25 PM

Title: Stafford show
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 25, 2014, 01:13:25 PM
Anyone going to the show tomorrow?, I'm hopefully picking up a fairing and screen for the CR if it looks any good, meet up for a brew if your there.

http://www.classicbikeshows.com/event/34th-carole-nash-international-classic-motorcycle-show/
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: AshimotoK0 on April 25, 2014, 01:18:26 PM
Was going to attend but need to work and take daughter back to Uni so it will have to be October for me.
Notice David Silver Spares  is going to be there there and offering to deliver anything ordered at the show for £1 plus VAT.

Have a great day.

Cheers..Ash
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on April 25, 2014, 03:59:33 PM
It will be Saturday or Sunday for me, just depends on the weather. Ash thanks for the tip re: David Silver p/p discount.

Alan
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: mick on April 25, 2014, 09:41:42 PM
I'm going in the car with the missus  ;) I'm hoping to get there mid morning  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Stafford show
Post by: JamesH on April 25, 2014, 09:50:09 PM
Hi Guys - would one of you who's going see if anyone there is selling the Doremi 4-4 exhaust system for Kawasaki z1's? Just want to get an idea of pricing in the UK. Appreciate you'll be busy doing your own stuff but if you get a chance / remember that's be great and I'd appreciate it. James
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 25, 2014, 10:36:04 PM
I'll have a look James .
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 26, 2014, 01:02:48 PM
Sorry James I couldn't find any, I might go back later on my bike for another look, bought a screen from TGA for the CR and almost bought a fairing from them, unfortunately the director Graham Boothby was very rude so they lost my trade, he needs a few lessons in customer service!! :)
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: westfieldandy on April 26, 2014, 02:02:25 PM
Just seen your post, we have been running 2 cr750 honda,s and last year ran no70 in f750 championship with very good reults, 2nd in championship, we will be running again this year, but because we like to make and develop our own stuff we do have moulds for bodywork and cnc files for engine covers etc, so can supply fairings and screens etc, all money goes towards racing. See us next at lydden in may. See crmc.co.uk website for all dates
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on April 26, 2014, 05:35:14 PM
Hey Andy. Haven't heard from you in a while. Post some pictures of your race bikes.
Steve.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on April 26, 2014, 05:36:39 PM
Just come back with some 'goodies' very busy event. Nice to see Mr Silver behind the counter in the main hall.
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 26, 2014, 06:08:03 PM
Just seen your post, we have been running 2 cr750 honda,s and last year ran no70 in f750 championship with very good reults, 2nd in championship, we will be running again this year, but because we like to make and develop our own stuff we do have moulds for bodywork and cnc files for engine covers etc, so can supply fairings and screens etc, all money goes towards racing. See us next at lydden in may. See crmc.co.uk website for all dates

Sounds interesting Andy, I think I've got a fairing sorted now, but could you post some pictures of the ones you make, cheers Mark.
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: mick on April 26, 2014, 07:32:13 PM
My Legs are knackered now after all that walking  ;) only bought a couple of KO sidepanels off LPM, and bumped into some old mates I haven't seen in a while  8), had a great day out :) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 26, 2014, 09:23:12 PM
My Legs are knackered now after all that walking  ;) only bought a couple of KO sidepanels off LPM, and bumped into some old mates I haven't seen in a while  8), had a great day out :) cheers Mick.

Yes me too Mick, I went twice!, by car in the morning and then went back on my XJR in the afternoon, still didn't see it all, some very desirable machinery there, if I get 6 numbers tonight I'll be back in the morning to spend a million or so!.
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: LesterPiglet on April 26, 2014, 09:36:55 PM
Does nobody possess a camera?  :-[
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 26, 2014, 10:45:54 PM
Does nobody possess a camera?  :-[

hardly took any photo's Lester, here's the new all singing all dancing Norton for you though, that carbon fibre front mudguard must be heavy going by the amount of struts holding it up!
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: westfieldandy on April 27, 2014, 10:21:36 AM
As requested recent pic of our cr750. This has been built to meet current regs of crmc f750, last year we were 2nd in championship, we finished in top 4 each race and had 100 % reliability. I have a very good rider rob wittey who has helped with the rebuild and develop the specification. We are the underdog though, the bike is heavyier and has less power than the competition, but we are working on that, although first meeting this year the reliability gremlin hit us big time, headgasket spat itself out of the fairing, and crank split into 2.
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 27, 2014, 02:00:39 PM
The fairing looks good Andy, how much would one cost and how long for delivery? cheers Mark.
Title: Re: Stafford show
Post by: MarkCR750 on April 30, 2014, 07:09:54 PM
Thanks very much to Andywestfield, he took the trouble to personally deliver a CR750 fairing that I bought from him, cheers Andy much appreciated.