Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: antonypo on April 25, 2014, 11:57:29 PM
-
I am having my wheels rebuilt at Jones restoration (part of everythingbutbikes) in Chester. I obviously need tyres as I have no idea what age the originals were so can't trust them.
David Silver are advertising Maxxis at a reasonable price and my surfing the web says the're a more than adequate tyre.
Has anyone an opinion on these or even which they feel are a good enough tyre?
My logic is a classic bike won't be used every day so top quality possibly isn't necessary - as long as the ones used don't compromise on safety of course !
look forward to your comments.
-
Antony, for me its a no brainer and the very last area to compromise - go for a high quality branded tyre. It's the last link between the bike and the road and for me is critical to get right. I'm currently enjoying the continentals...rb2 & k112. Cost me about £170 for the pair supplied, fitted, balanced with new michelin tubes and rim tape. Hope that helps.
-
I'm using the ever popular Cheng Shin brand which I believe became Maxxis. I still ride my bike as I always did, I don't feel the tyres are anyway bad. Someone shell out big money for expensive tyres and I'll do a compare. ;D
-
For me it had to be something that looked the part I don't like modern rubber on an old bike.
James what are the Rb2's like I haven't used the bike since fitting them :(
-
Dunlop TT 100's for me or Dunlop Goldseal K70'S ;) cheers Mick.
http://www.vintagetyres.com/
-
Yeah I really like the conti's - have them on 3 bikes and so far so good. TT100's are also a good bet.
-
on my 550 I was recommended bridgestones bt45s