Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Tellstar4000 on May 05, 2014, 07:32:36 PM

Title: 400four supersport matching numbers question
Post by: Tellstar4000 on May 05, 2014, 07:32:36 PM
Hi,am looking at a tidy 1976 400,need some help with engine/frame numbers,how do I know from the numbers if it has original engine,should they be matching or very similar,any help please,ta very much.
Title: Re: 400four supersport matching numbers question
Post by: Trigger on May 05, 2014, 08:10:03 PM
Here is a model guide from across the water: http://www.sohc4.net/cb400-model-guide/
Title: Re: 400four supersport matching numbers question
Post by: Tellstar4000 on May 05, 2014, 08:44:49 PM
Hi,thanks for the link,can I ask,does the frame/engine number have to be the same or are they similar as some of the  70,s makes,thanks
Title: Re: 400four supersport matching numbers question
Post by: Trigger on May 05, 2014, 09:31:57 PM
Last 3 or 4 numbers will be different from the frame to engine to be a match.
Title: Re: 400four supersport matching numbers question
Post by: Tellstar4000 on May 05, 2014, 09:52:04 PM
Thanks for that,am I right in saying engine number should be on  registration document,or should it be frame number?thanks
Title: Re: 400four supersport matching numbers question
Post by: Trigger on May 05, 2014, 09:58:14 PM
Frame and engine number should be on the log book. Sometimes the engine number is not but, that's not a problem.
Title: Re: 400four supersport matching numbers question
Post by: Tellstar4000 on May 06, 2014, 08:03:05 PM
Thanks very much for info,now I know