Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on May 08, 2014, 08:09:04 PM

Title: CB750 oil cooler
Post by: MarkCR750 on May 08, 2014, 08:09:04 PM
Has anyone used one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-cb-500-550-750-oil-cooler-base-plate-/271475454511?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3f3532b22f
Title: Re: CB750 oil cooler
Post by: H2Eric on May 09, 2014, 12:57:41 PM
Hello Mark

Yes, I've got one of those, which I'm in the process of fitting to the bike. They are available from D and M Engineering, check out the CB750 section of their website www.d-mengineering.co.uk
The fittings for the oil lines shown are -6JIC and they come as an optional extra from D and M.
I'm in the process of modifying mine to take -8 fittings.

Eric
Title: Re: CB750 oil cooler
Post by: MarkCR750 on May 09, 2014, 07:29:18 PM
Thanks I'll have a look, btw the painter has found a supplier that has YR-1C, mine should be painted a week on Monday so I"ll post some pictures of the finished fairing etc.
Title: Re: CB750 oil cooler
Post by: UK Pete on May 10, 2014, 10:34:23 AM
I have one of those kicking around that was going on ebay soon, if your interested i will post up a picture of what i have
pete
Title: Re: CB750 oil cooler
Post by: MarkCR750 on May 10, 2014, 04:58:01 PM
I have one of those kicking around that was going on ebay soon, if your interested i will post up a picture of what i have
pete
yes Pete I'm I interested PM sent.
Title: Re: CB750 oil cooler
Post by: UK Pete on May 11, 2014, 08:52:56 PM
Hi Mark, in my head i thought i had 2 oil cooler plates and various other bits, i spent ages looking today and all i could find was this, it is the adapter plate but there is no center nut and the hose feeds are blanked off , if of interest its a tenner + post
sorry i could not find what i thought i had but anyone who has been to my place will vouch its an aladdins cave of so many bike parts that its like trying to find a needle in a hay stack when looking for something
(http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/UK-Pete/2014%20ebay/001_zpsc2e6ef68.jpg) (http://s924.photobucket.com/user/UK-Pete/media/2014%20ebay/001_zpsc2e6ef68.jpg.html)
(http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/UK-Pete/2014%20ebay/003_zps7a22dc7c.jpg) (http://s924.photobucket.com/user/UK-Pete/media/2014%20ebay/003_zps7a22dc7c.jpg.html)
(http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/UK-Pete/2014%20ebay/004_zps19c6ac6c.jpg) (http://s924.photobucket.com/user/UK-Pete/media/2014%20ebay/004_zps19c6ac6c.jpg.html)
Title: Re: CB750 oil cooler
Post by: MarkCR750 on May 11, 2014, 09:14:47 PM
Thanks for looking Pete, I'll leave it though because it will probably be difficult to source the nut, if you look in the background on the photo's on my "getting closer" post, you'll see that I have the same problem finding things, although my old 944 is just about visible under a mountain of bit/boxes etc  :) cheers Mark